Two piece Vs. One piece?

Guest crewdog10

Guest crewdog10
I think 1 piece is better, but like MDog said if you can 2 piece it to stay sane do it. Always try it in 1 first tho.

I can shrink the the easy to medium difficulty rear windows no problem. It's just the really curved ones that are giving me a hard time. I struggled with a new Accord last week and then laid a T-bird no sweat, go figure. :evileye

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nautiboi73

1st I have to two piece. I wil atempt one piece ALL THE TIME.

2. u cut on inside so that it matches perfectly and customer will never know. if you stay on the bottom of defreonst line you don't worry about damage.

3. and I cut after liner is peeled. not sure how it woudl work b4.(oh reverse roll)?

If you cut on the outside, lots of windows the seam wont follow the defroster because the thickness of the glass changes the shape from outside to inside due to glass thickness. :evileye

Guest crewdog10
3. and I cut after liner is peeled. not sure how it woudl work b4.(oh reverse roll)?

I'm trying to figure this one out. If you overlap and then cut you will have an excess piece that comes off from the outside, and an excess piece that comes out from inside. Do you just slide the excess from the inside out?

Guest tinterjim

One day you wake up and be able to 1 piece just about anything. Experience, and f-ing up a few pieces of film is the key.

Guest crewdog10

What's up Protint? :thumb

Two more questions and I think that I've got this.

Do you shrink the top completely, and then place the bottom piece on and then shrink, or both layered and shrink at the same time?

And do you shrink from the middle to the top and bottom, or towards the middle?

Guest crewdog10
One day you wake up and be able to 1 piece just about anything. Experience, and f-ing up a few pieces of film is the key.

I'm good at f-ing up a few pieces of film. :thumb:thumb:thumb

Archived