Two piece Vs. One piece?

Guest crewdog10

Guest Rama

Two piece it till your comfortable, a day will probably come when you one piece everything. Its been years since we've 2 pieced anything. Experience and wasted film is a great teacher. Don't get too critical of yourself, and keep picking up tips from other great tinters and you'll get to be a pro at one peice at some point as well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I 2 piece some hard cars (like a bug). nothing wrong with it as long as you can make it look good.

back in the day I 2 pieced ALOT of cars and when I got good a shrinking I started doing more and more in 1.

as youi gain experience shrinking you will get better and start feeling more comfortable doing the hard ones in 1 but untill then just do it the way you want and keep your sanity :lol dont stress over getting something in 1 piece if you can cut a good seam on a 2 piece backglass.

Amen! :spit I have the same attitude, like today I tinted a crappy old Nissan Sentra with a film that's hard to shrink. Tried a 1 piece, but ended up doing a 2 piece.

You have to remember that it's the shrinking that makes 2 piecers easier. you spread the shrinking out over 4 edges rather than 2.

Guest S and S

I agree hoosier!!! Like I do the top then the bottom so if either one creases I just cut it and two piece it!! Easy Fast and looks good!! I almost always ONE piece but sometimes I get pissed and say the hell with it!

Archived