this is for the owners ..

Guest tintgod

Guest tintgod

was just wondering..do you guys/gals pay your employees full retail if you give customers deals..and the owner...you...take the cut...for instance...dealers,friends,dealer referals etc....or...if you throw in a window strip to a customer... :evileye

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still pay 35% of the price of the car. We don't do discounts, but if we do happen to lower the price for some reason they get paid the % of the discounted price.

If they don't want that I get my hourly employees to tint it & then they get 0%...

WE take the hit if we give someone a deal if it is a friend or favor for someone at a dealer we pay the employee what they would normally get. We dont do favors for alot of people though we have to every now and again keeps em happy

I still pay 35% of the price of the car. We don't do discounts, but if we do happen to lower the price for some reason they get paid the % of the discounted price.

If they don't want that I get my hourly employees to tint it & then they get 0%...

Just my input, although I do agree with IT in the tint field. In audio installations, the salesman was to consult with the installer first when cutting prices. If it was a difficult job, special "show type" job or a favor, then depending on salesman/installer relationship, a deal could be struck. The was simply to be fair and show some respect. In the end the installer almost always does it regardless. If they didn't want to, then back to someone else or an hourly

That was always fair to me :mad

Guest thetintshop

although I don't have employees, I have had this problem. my dad would send his "buddies" to me. and expected me to give them a discount. I told him "you're buddy, is NOT my buddy". I told him I would be more than happy to give them a discount as long as he himself covered the rest of the price.

I don't believe it's right to ask an installer to work for less just because the boss or owner decides to give a discount. if he wants to give the discount, it should come from his pocket, not the installer.

Guest Tint Masters
I don't believe it's right to ask an installer to work for less just because the boss or owner decides to give a discount. if he wants to give the discount, it should come from his pocket, not the installer.

:lol

Archived