this is for the owners ..

Guest tintgod

Guest tintguy7

why can't employer and employee agree on a set or fixed price on like for instance 35% on a fixed price of 170.00= 59.50. it doesn't matter if the job got sold for 150.00 or 250.00. employee gets his/hers %. :bingo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
why can't employer and employee agree on a set or fixed price on like for instance 35% on a fixed price of 170.00= 59.50. it doesn't matter if the job got sold for 150.00 or 250.00. employee gets his/hers %. :lol

[*]381593

:mad works for us...bonuses are always a plus, including lunches, ocassional dinners and trips to the bar. :mad

Guest nautiboi73
why can't employer and employee agree on a set or fixed price on like for instance 35% on a fixed price of 170.00= 59.50. it doesn't matter if the job got sold for 150.00 or 250.00. employee gets his/hers %. :beer

[*]381593

I see it form both ends.

As an employee I wouldn't want to spend 5,6, 7, hours somewhere and have nothing to show for it. I mean at least send me home with a $40 spot just for being available, and ready.

As an employer I want my workers to be motivated to be one time, and work hard, and have a good moral. If I have to spot a car or give a base pay to keep things moving then so be it.

Come on we have all had our bad days, weeks and even months. as a commisoin only worker you don't want to stuck if there is not enough work. and as am employer you have to prepair for the swing in the seasons.

All in All there just need me to an agreement on who, what and how much by both parties. :lol6

Guest tintguy7

not to mention that if there's no work and commission employee stays all day just to be available then I will pay minimum wage for doin nothing. but if 1 car shows and commission is less than minimum wage than I pay whatevers more.

Guest grubby
was just wondering..do you guys/gals pay your employees full retail if you give customers deals..and the owner...you...take the cut...for instance...dealers,friends,dealer referals etc....or...if you throw in a window strip to a customer... :evilgrin

[*]158093

I pay my tinters a certain amount per window regardless if we are charging less or if we happen to charge more, I do it this way because I have seven full time installers, and there is always more than 1 person on a car at one time. this makes it easy to keep track of what each tinter does, in order to pay them at the end of the week.

Guest streetsounds
I don't believe it's right to ask an installer to work for less just because the boss or owner decides to give a discount. if he wants to give the discount, it should come from his pocket, not the installer.

Bingo :spit

[*]185759

look I work for a shop I am sub contracted and I think that we should still get the same price no matter what cause if I was doin a famly members car I would still give the guy I work for what he wanted :blah

I dont pay commisions. I have 3 employees a experienced guy , a cleaner and a cutting machine . Tinters dont apply for jobs at my shop in the 4 months of summer .They all come looking for a job the other 8 months around september when thier 35% jobs go bust. I pay the same whether I do 15 cars or no cars 12 months a year and have no problems keeping employees. My employee cost is around 18-20% .

quote=L.L.Tint,Aug 12 2004, 12:27 PM]

I don't believe it's right to ask an installer to work for less just because the boss or owner decides to give a discount. if he wants to give the discount, it should come from his pocket, not the installer.

Bingo :hmmm

[*]185759

Guest Key West
Discounts are few & far between so my installer knows it's something special if I give any discount. I usually will do the discounted vehicle myself & it's a voluntery thing if he wants to help. :beer

Bingo. I do the discounts myself or at least pitch in. but they get paid on the amount the customer paid. Discounts are rare indeed. Usually a 10% on a multi car deal, and it comes off the final car.

It happens more frequently that I get more than our normal price on a car, and when that happens, they get paid on the amount paid by the custy. Before taxes, of course!! So every thing works out well. :beer:beer

Archived