this is for the owners ..

Guest tintgod

Guest h0wld0g

get this at the old shop I used to work at the boss thought he'd get over on me and pay me commission only on the discounted price which was already only 10% and I can out tint him anyday and hes been doin it for 22 years so anyway he traded a tint job for some speakers and a cd player and expected me to not get paid for it... yeah... right... jerk off I got my money trust me he'd always say I took a cut so you gotta take a cut.. well buddy its not my fault you took a cut.. like said before this is the kinda stuff that makes me own my own shop!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintguy31707

I have tinted for all types of pay,

One job I was base pay + commission

if we did 2000 in a week I as paid 10 percent

2500 in a week I was paid 15 percent

3000 I was paid 20 percent

4000 was 25

another job I was commission only... 32%... that job didnt make me any dollars so I split my time and worked for two shops (two different towns... wouldnt do that in a single town)

second paid %35

32% went to garbage because he started letting other people do the work so I didnt make money so I went to the %35 full time...

Well that went to garbage to so they put me on hourly so I wouldnt quit because I could sell the hell out of cd players and woofers.

did it for kicks while being bored waiting on tint jobs.

lol that business went bankrupt

Now I am Salary, I make vinyl graphics and decals along with window tint. My employer pays me a guaranteed same amount every week I work the same hours every week. I pay my mortgage and feed my wife and kid. I've been here for 2 years now and I make damn sure I earn my money by not wasting time and staying on task. We all know we need the money and we know window tint isnt hard work.

commission is good money for a couple of months out of the year, salary is definite money every week. you might take a pay cut, but there is no doubt about it you will have money as expected, you just have to do more work for it.

If your on commission then you really need to agree upon the commission, if you had done that before hand you would not be in the dilemma.. Don't be afraid to talk about the terms of you working there... I treat all my employers like business partners... everyone has to be paid and if people are paid what they are expected they do better work. if you had known about the lower commissions on doing discounted tint jobs then you would not be here making this post :lol.

Have a good one

Archived