Do you dip your hands before touching the film?

I have heard that some tinters dip their hands in a bowl of water before touching the tint and after peeling the liner. Occasionally I get some salt specks from my finger tips (drives me nuts). I sweat like crazy and I always wipe off my hands. It's nothing new, had this problem for years. Just thought I would ask!

TTC :thumb

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never have..I just keep my hands as clean as I can . When it comes to loading a piece of tint on I curl my finger so that only the back of my nail touches the very edge of the film (cleanest part of the hand...no grease,dirt or sweat) and just cradle it with the other hand :thumb

I just spray my hands off with my sprayer. :thumb

Yeah I do that too! I also scrub them with my nonscratch scrubbing pad a couple of times a day (just started doing that)!

I am not talented enough to handle the film without touching it with my finger tips like you TW :thumb !

Guest tintgod

just wondering ...where do you touch the film at?

the way I do it ttc...is ..when the film is one the your pealer....and after I have pealed the liner off...I lift on corner of the film with my finger nail to get it off the pealer.and hold just the tip of the corner...if we are doing a door window..and slide another finger down the under part of the film.(not the glue side).to the center of the back edge cut ..and lift the film from the pealer as I hold the film on the very edge of the film ..then still holding the very tip of the corner..and pulling the film off the peeler...lay the corner of the film on your forarm..still lifting the folm off ..slide your other hand under the film...letting the film fold over your forarms...so..in other words the film is folded in half..with your hands under it...by the way..I forgot to tell you to wet your hands..doing theis help the film stick to your hands and not slide off them...so the only parts of the film I ever touch are the very top corner..and the back edge center edge of the film...and those parts get tucked in the seal..so you dont ever see them...I hope this makes sense..or helps you out... :thumb

Yes, it make sense guest! I have tried it :thumb, I have been tinting for so many years just finger tipping the film (one on each edge) I think I am ruined! I have been around 5 different tinters in my life. 2 of them did it the way you speak of. Three of them just grabbed the film with their finger tips and stuck it! I seem to be the only one that has had a salt problem :thumb! (probably not, we are always are own biggest critic!)

Archived