What Kind of Tinter Are You ???

Guest SQUEEGEE

Guest SQUEEGEE

A.) A burnout who says, "What the hell the customer won't notice a bumby top edge, a little junk or even a slight light gap on the sides.

or

B.) I tint each car like another experienced, self-respecting tinter might be judging my work.

Simple question but it needs answering because alot of tinters, in the interest of time, will cut corners just because they can get away with it.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

you know my answer. :dunno:thumb

I tint EVERY car like I'm tinting it for another tinter. probably why I don't knock out 5-6 four door cars a day either. every 2 or 4 door car I do spends a minimum 2.5 hours in my shop. usually 3-3.5 hours.

I'm east coast, but an insomniac.

I just figured all tint people scoped out other tinted cars. I've seen enough crappily tinted cars to assume everyone checks out others' work. Therefore, my husband and I freak out about minute details. We re-did a roll-up three times once.

Tinting is a pretty good business for OCD people. Your neuroticism is a benefit for your customer. Darn... I should list that on the business cards:

-quality film

-one piece rear windows

-neurotic installers

-- carrie

you know my answer. :spit:thumb

I tint EVERY car like I'm tinting it for another tinter. probably why I don't knock out 5-6 four door cars a day either. every 2 or 4 door car I do spends a minimum 2.5 hours in my shop. usually 3-3.5 hours.

:hmmm

I do a vehicle like it was just given to me to own. :dunno

I've never lost sight of that principle.

I'm very slow but my profit bottom line is more than double that of any of my competition.

Devil

O.K. I understand.

I am not tinter, but I AM ALL IN ONE, so I have contact with customers too...

That's why:

1. I try to Xplain every customer that he must install any other film NOT GREY.

2. If he want GREY he must install ANY GRAPHIC.

3. If HE DON'T LIKE p.p. 1,2 - This customer is not interesting to Leo and managers or installers work with him.

4. If HE IS O.K. with p.p. 1,2 - I WILL WORK (of course virtually) with my guyZ :dunno:thumb:spit

P.S. Of course installation quality + customer culture - TV, coffee, RC cars etc :hmmm

you know my answer.  :spit  :hmmm

:dunno

I do a vehicle like it was just given to me to own. :spit

I've never lost sight of that principle.

I'm very slow but my profit bottom line is more than double that of any of my competition.

Devil

TTS + Devil = :thumb for me :hmmm This is the REAL reason why :hmmm ..cause I took thier modo... "Quality is Job 1" :hmmm

Guest DixieGraphics

half the reason I quit tinting is because I think like the second one and the boss thinks like the first one

I can't turn out anything less than perfect in good conscience

Archived