Bee attack takes second Texan in 2 weeks

Bee attack takes second Texan in 2 weeks

RICHMOND, Texas, June 2 (UPI) -- A preliminary autopsy indicates a south Texas rancher apparently attacked by a swarm of bees while on his tractor died from insects' stings.

Although the death of Bruce Harrison, 54, is still under investigation, the Galveston County medical examiner's office says it appears he died from hemorrhaging and secondary causes were heart disease and multiple bee stings, the Houston Chronicle reported Wednesday.

Deputies said Harrison was found lying next to the tractor. He had spoken on the telephone an hour before being found.

The medical examiner's office said it would issue a final autopsy report shortly.

Harrison's death is the second in two weeks attributed to an attack by a swarm of bees.

Last week an East Texas logger died after he was stung hundreds of times by a swarm of bees.

Guest Meff

By reading this info, I am guessing all that shizz I read when I was in junior high school about killer bees coming north and coming up through the southern states is happening. Time to make a flamethrower or something.

Guest DixieGraphics

I wonder if those people disturbed a hive to make them do that or if the bees just decided to attack for no reason?

I don't think the "killer bees" need agitation. They can "hear" noises (tractors, lawn mowers, animals) from a long distance, and maybe view them as a threat. I doubt they'll ever make it to Oklahoma. The wind will just blow them back into Texas!

Guest S and S
:spit never heard of that happening around here (or anywhere but on my girl for that matter)

:lol6 Yea my girl was the only place I have ever see it too!!

Guest Meff
I wonder if those people disturbed a hive to make them do that or if the bees just decided to attack for no reason?

I did by accident when I was younger. I ran a go cart over an entrance in the ground to a yellow jacket nest. They came out like a twister. I bailed off the go cart caused I figured I could run faster than what the go cart went. It only had 2.5 horsepower engine on it. :shock I got away luckily.

Guest Blade

I'm around bee quite a bit. My wife's granddad is a beekeeper. Of course their might be a slight difference between honey bees and killer bees. :shock

Archived