Iron Man Tinter: What's the Worst Conditions

Guest SQUEEGEE

Guest SQUEEGEE

I once tinted a guy's 76' (Already a dust bucket) Ford 4x4 pickup in a garage next to his horse stables. I asked him why he never paved the floor to his garage. He said he did but that he got tired of sweeping the floors of dirt and hay. :spit

:lol6

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once tinted a big meat processing factory. I still can't decide what was worse scraping about a half an inch of fat of the glasses or the smell which I can't describe. I was a vegetarian for a month.

Have you ever tinted a big ship while it is being built close to the shipyard's deadline? A whole new experience when it comes to working conditions.

A fully enclosed glass tower like what you would see in a prison. This was an architect feature in a funeral home to let sunlight in. :spit

No way of the heat build up escaping being all fixed glass with a roof on it.

Not only was it very high and awkward with scaffolding but the humidity was 100% and I had my persperation turning into rivers of water running down the glass.

I had to strip nearly n@ked to do the install.

Mrs.Devil towelled me continuously and everything on and around me, hair, shorts was soaking wet and dripping to the floor.

That's the toughest job I ever had and it took years off me.

Devil

I once tinted a big meat processing factory. I still can't decide what was worse scraping about a half an inch of fat of the glasses or the smell which I can't describe. I was a vegetarian for a month.

Have you ever tinted a big ship while it is being built close to the shipyard's deadline? A whole new experience when it comes to working conditions.

It wasn't hard Kohler but a pig farm and corresponding laboratory within and a huge boar that had just had his knackers cut off lying on the floor next me. Ooooohaaa :lol6:lol6

I could have used my knife for more than tinting hey? :spit

Devil

Guest Sprinter

inside a barn that was open on 2 sides and goats about 25 feet away!

tinting a back hoe as the snow was falling in the wide open desert!

Guest Blade

Middle of summer, 30 skylights about 35 ft. up in a mall. Scaffolding height was such that we had to either put a ladder on top or lay on our backs on the scaffolding to tint. It was probably 150+degrees. The windows weren't hard to do it was just the heat that was horrible.

Another was a tractor in the middle of a dust field on a dry windy day in central washington(which=desert).

Guest thetintshop

tinting 2 tractors in back of a dairy barn. I would say it had a dirt floor, but you couldn't see it for all the cow shiat. :lol:lol

the other would have to be the bay window in a bathroom. yeah, I know. doesn't sound too hard. but the lady of the house was sunbathing right on the other side. :lol couldn't concentrate for crap. :spit

Guest Blade

I had one similiar to that TTS. It was an interior window setup on a home (that's strange in itself) but it was in silver 20 and on the other side of the window the woman that lived there was wearing a thong and bending over with her azz facing me :lol My sprayer wouldn't stop squirting :spit It was shootin' all over the place. :lol:lol

Guest Eclipse

I had to tint 10 luxury vehicles in the Redwood Forest, starting at 2am, for a Million dollar commercial. Lexus, Infinity, BMW, Acura, Cadillac. Every vehicle was a gold letter edition. During the night someone from the crew stole all the emblems off the cars.

They had generators and flood lights out there so I could see what I was doing. Flood lights brought out every bug within a 10 mile radius. It was like tinting in a snow storm. It was horrible. I had no shelter. Not a canopy or anything, just me and the cars out in the forest.

At least I got to tint the outside of all the windows.

The director of the commercial, Dominic Sena has done a few movies, Swordfish, Kalifornia, Gone in Sixty seconds and a couple videos for Janet Jackson.

As soon as the shoot was over I had to peel all the windows that I had tinted. I was there for over 24 hours, and was glad to get home.

Guest Blade

There was also one time when I had to tint an elevator shaft in a building. It was an elevator that was on the outside of a building. Had to work on top of the elevator. Started at the top and worked our way down. We had a key to control the elevator. What really sucked was when we got to the bottom we had to put ladders up and work UNDERNEATH the elevator. It was locked in position with the key but it was still really freaky. :passout

Archived