Is Ozzy the Father of Modern Rock ???

Guest SQUEEGEE

Guest SQUEEGEE

His early music has had a ressurgence as of late and even the hits he had in the mid to late nineties still get regular airplay. I feel Led Zepplin is the father of 70's-80's rock and alternative but the harder sounding groups are trying to emulate the Ozzy sound of old.

Am I off track here?

His early music has had a ressurgence as of late and even the hits he had in the mid to late nineties still get regular airplay. I feel Led Zepplin is the father of 70's-80's rock and alternative but the harder sounding groups are trying to emulate the Ozzy sound of old.

Am I off track here?

I'm with ya on this one Squeeqee! :spit

This may not set well with some, but I honestly feel that the reason is because of the "darkness" in Ozzy's music. This darkness appeals to a lot of people, young and old, because they can associate with the messages and meanings in the music. Even now, the darkest of music has a large following. I'm not singling out any group or performer, but television and radio is allowing much more than ever, therefore reaching a broader audience. Parents are less involved in what their children are listening to, so they are, for the most part, clueless as to what is filling their youngsters minds. This is not exclusive to music, but TV shows and movies are just as bad. Controversial takes on a whole new meaning than it did 10 years ago, let alone 30 years ago. This isn't the response Squeeg was looking for, but I can't help but feel this way. This discussion could easily fill a couple many pages here. It borders on subjects that need to be discussed but have no business being discussed. It's kinda like the old saying, "Don't talk about politics or religion with family." It's beyond just those two subjects now. Sorry for the essay, but I see entertainment differently than I did in the past.

Guest Meff

I never thought of it this way as ozzy as modern rocks father. I kinda agree, but not 100%. As far as Wndo's essay, I agree that so called entertainment has changed alot. (in the wrong direction)

I think Ozzie's a goof :lol ...but his music? I guess there are plenty that are influenced by his stuff, old and new. :hmmm As for wndo...yeah, everyone wants to be more radical than the next guy, they are becoming caricatures of themselves. :lol God forbid you laugh once in a while. :lol At least Ozzie doesn't take himselff too serious...for that, he gets a :lol from me. :lol

Archived