Website Search Engine Optimisation Tips

Guest TheTintProfessor

Guest TheTintProfessor

Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you guys have websites.

Wondering how they are performing in the search engines and how the sales are going?

We are in Melbourne Australia and it is winter now so hoping to improove some sales through the search engines.

Share some of your success and failure stories.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheTintProfessor
Ah, I remember those days well. Don't foget to put a hit counter on your page.

lol. Hit counters. My pet hate too unless you have had your teenage son set up the site for you and you feel obligated to...Nahhhh not even then.

We nearly had one on our site until I made it clear how much business we would lose as a result. Our main competitor (well for a couple of keywords) still has one on their site believe it or not.

TD certainly does do well in the seach engines. What tactics have you used in the past that have worked if you wouldnt mind sharing with us that is? Obviously your excellent supply of real content will be the main reason. Yeah?

We are killing on yahoo. All our keywords are Top 5 -10 on the Australian yahoo. Google we are struggling a bit. We have a cms based and hence dynamic website and I dont have access to the server to create any static html pages. I will get there eventually but just struggling at the moment.

I like Xtrem counter - it help we to understand which search engine or link is better working. Also I can understand location of my show cars - if show is in Germany - lot of visiotrs from .DE if in Norway from .NO :hmmmMy Webpage

But still my web is not ready I don't do any steps to make it known (excepet TD.COM :? ).

Dude, what phrases do You reccomend? As I saw on counter best engine are GOOGLE and practically all my visitors searching me by NAME - ..., but of course I want other phrases :?

Ah, I remember those days well. Don't foget to put a hit counter on your page.

lol. Hit counters. My pet hate too unless you have had your teenage son set up the site for you and you feel obligated to...Nahhhh not even then.

We nearly had one on our site until I made it clear how much business we would lose as a result. Our main competitor (well for a couple of keywords) still has one on their site believe it or not.

TD certainly does do well in the seach engines. What tactics have you used in the past that have worked if you wouldnt mind sharing with us that is? Obviously your excellent supply of real content will be the main reason. Yeah?

We are killing on yahoo. All our keywords are Top 5 -10 on the Australian yahoo. Google we are struggling a bit. We have a cms based and hence dynamic website and I dont have access to the server to create any static html pages. I will get there eventually but just struggling at the moment.

What's Your web Prof?

Archived