Door panels

Guest shrink

Guest shrink

Is there an easier way than removing the door panels to make a job look nice. I've been removing panels, or at least pulling them back far enough to stick the tint, but it takes so much time. Especially if you start breaking those little plastic clips that hold the panel on. :passout Are there any better methods, or is this the best way?

Guest S and S

I pull all panels. Always have and always will. Once you get the hang its just as fast as not pulling. I can do a 4 door in 1.5 hours pulling panels. Just my way!

Guest naughtydog

get the right tools and you should'nt be breaking the mounting clips. I was pulling panels long before I was stickin tint - to install electic windows and cental door locking etc so I find it easy

ND

Guest S and S
:passout ND!! They make a tool that helps with the clips if they get stuck in the door. Only thing I hate are fords as they have little lips now and you have to pull up to get the farkers off and they dont want to go back on!!

I pull all panels. Always have and always will. Once you get the hang its just as fast as not pulling. I can do a 4 door in 1.5 hours pulling panels. Just my way!

I do too S and I never get a wet finger popping up later due to a wet trim felt. Now that saves heaps of customer agro and time to get it back which relates to bottom line profit. :thumb

Devil

Guest Eclipse

I pull every doorpanel. Always have and I think I always will.

Seems to me the best way to get that damn film below that friggin window felt. I do however like that gasket wizard. I haven't used one in many years though. IT comes in very handy from time to time from what I can recall.

Again....more than one way to skin a cat. I have learned how to tint from the school of hard knocks. No one ever taught me the ropes. So I am sure that I am missing out on something.

Guest BCCwintint

I don't pull the panels if I don't have to. The Gasket wizard works great in most cases. A few months back I told my story in the horror section about how I botched a job on a beamer and messed up the electronics inside the door. Been really leery of removing panels since then. Got good advice on partial removal. If I had to remove the panel, I'd try that first. Remove the panel on the top just enough to get the film under the rub rail.

But then again, what do I know? Only been tinting for 18 months.

Archived