Door panels

Guest shrink

Guest autotintplus

Only removed 1 panel & it was to do a good clean remove & retint job.

otherwise I just use my #M card triangle.

Works fine unless I'm doing these new vans & stuff that have deep panels towards

the front & I'll use plastic gasket wizards & red devil.

By pulling the door trims it allows me to get way down below both felt internal rub weather seals. Therefore I can blow the customer away when he comes back to collect the car and show him the operation of the door glass and top edge immediately.

"I thought you had to wait a few days" is always the reply. "It's been like that for all the other cars I've had tinted elsewhere."

That freaks them and they think that I have installed using a technique that is far superior! Trying doing that with a cut to the level to the window seal. You can't!

Devil

Guest Al-tint

I pull the door panels.

My question is on VW Jetta's. I find them hard to get off and once you are done, it almost seems like you really don't have to remove them.

Any thoughts on a Jetta?

Thanks. :thumb

Guest thetintshop
I pull the door panels.

My question is on VW Jetta's. I find them hard to get off and once you are done, it almost seems like you really don't have to remove them.

Any thoughts on a Jetta?

Thanks. :thumb

yeah, don't pull them. there's only a few that really need to be pulled to do a successful tint job. ford rangers, and VW bugs. that's the only two I pull.

unless it's one of these dumbazz designed cars that have to have felt. which I've decided lately isn't my problem. I tell the customer what to expect, and when it scratches, go take it up with the dealership. :thumb

Archived