best heat rejection tint?

Guest mike_c70

Guest mike_c70

Hi guys,

First post! I was wondering what tint you would recoomend for greatest heat rejection? I'm in SoCal with a black interior and the temps have been hitting triple digits and I'm dying. What tint do you recommend? I need a ceramic based tint as well since my rear window is also my antenna.

Also, can you guys recommend any great installers in the LA area? I can always go through the yellow pages but I'd rather go with experience and word of mouth. Thanks!

Regards,

Mike

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprinter

they have some other films that are not ceramic that will pose no problems with the antena in the rear window and come with a lifetime waranty.

Guest metint
Hi guys,

I was wondering what tint you would recoomend for greatest heat rejection? I'm in SoCal with a black interior and the temps have been hitting triple digits and I'm dying. What tint do you recommend? I need a ceramic based tint as well since my rear window is also my antenna.

When it comes to auto tint you are doing great to have performance over 50% total solar energy rejected (TSER). Keep in mind, you're driving a poorly insulated metal and glass canister. Window film is creature comfort while you occupy the car and truly is difficult for the skin to perceive minor differences in performance values.

The car will still get hot as could be when parking all day in the sun. It'll just take slightly longer for it to heat up once window film is applied.

As to the antenna on the back glass... be careful of the ceramic hype (ceramic = infrared absorbing material), there are conductive (a so-called 'ceramic' film presently available) and non-conductive types (FormulaOne's Pinnacle film).

Furthermore, if you were to choose a high heat rejecting film that would potentially interfere with AM radio (not FM), you could always ask the installer to place an invisi-seam immediately above the uppermost defroster line to seperate the film that contacts the antenna from the film that contacts the defroster grid. This should eliviate any antenna grounding to the chassis through the defroster.

Pretty much what Sprinter has said is the suggested direction for you to take. :beach

Guest tintslut
The car will still get hot as could be when parking all day in the sun. It'll just take slightly longer for it to heat up once window film is applied.

yeah, MT couldnt be more right.

Dont bother spending the extra $$$ on the high end F1 or At-r,

Just get some AT-CH, its still warrantied for the life of your car

against color change and peeling. You still get the 99% UV reduction, and around

40 to 50% heat reduction

Even a piece of cardboard will stop major UV and some heat .

Guest mike_c70

Thanks metint for the quick lesson. Which tint would you recommend for my situation, there are so many out there. I threw out HO and F1 Pinnacle as a choice because they are suppose to be the best in thermal heat rejection. BTW, is the HO ceramic series the conductive or non-conductive type?

tintslut - I'm not familiar with the acronyms. Can you explain to me what AT-R, AT-CH are?

Thanks!

Mike

Guest metint
Thanks metint for the quick lesson. Which tint would you recommend for my situation, there are so many out there. I threw out HO and F1 Pinnacle as a choice because they are suppose to be the best in thermal heat rejection. BTW, is the HO ceramic series the conductive or non-conductive type?

tintslut - I'm not familiar with the acronyms. Can you explain to me what AT-R, AT-CH are?

Thanks!

Mike

Either film you mentioned will serve you well...

These are other films made by the same manu as FormulaOne...

AT CH = auto tint charcoal, LLumar premium color stable dyed film (non-metal)

ATR CH = auto tint reflective, LLumar (dye metal) color stable combination...

Guest Litespeeds

Nothing beats the heat rejection of V-Kool 70% at 55% heat rejection for a 70% visible light transmittance film.

Huper Optik ceramic 50% rejects 49%.

Huper Optik ceramic 40% rejects 55%.

Huper Optik ceramic 30% rejects 61%.

If you don't mind going with a full metal film, you can get similar heat rejection numbers but you will need to go with a film that is slightly darker and more reflective to acheive those numbers.

Just tint your car with any high quality film and you will notice a BIG difference.

Archived