Help inpatient need info on opening a tint shop

Guest drew breeze

Guest drew breeze

Hello everyone I'm Andrew I mean you member and I'm thinking of opening up a window tinting business i found a great location and I think it will do well there now I have very little experience with window tinting but I am a very smart and easy to learn I've been looking at a lot of YouTube videos and googling information etc.

Any advice will be highly appreciated thank you very much!

From Orlando Florida

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if Andrew has been PMing others too so I'll say it out here.

Have you done your research to see if your area can even handle having one more Tint Shop?

If there are 3 in your area and they are scraping by WITH a reputation. Then how are you going to do with no reputation in the business.

This business is all about reputation and every install should be done like your reputation is there for all to see because it is.

If I were doing the hiring I would be reluctant to take you on  because you have already stated that you want to go at it on your own.

Learn the trade first. Not by watching videos but by doing the work.

For an  example of the REAL attention to detail required have a look at this video I've posted before.

This " same scenario" topic has been well covered over the years.

Might I suggest that the "search" feature here works perfect for such a question. I would try that before watching anymore YouTube videos as a priority :thumb

Guest drew breeze

Hi again and thank you for all information.

So the best advise is do some tinting first as in maybe tinting my cars and see how I do?

There's nobody going to teach you the business that I know of here were I live.

What's the hardest thing about tinting

Hi again and thank you for all information.

So the best advise is do some tinting first as in maybe tinting my cars and see how I do?

There's nobody going to teach you the business that I know of here were I live.

What's the hardest thing about tinting

Learning how to use the search feature on Tintdude

I don't know if Andrew has been PMing others too so I'll say it out here.

Have you done your research to see if your area can even handle having one more Tint Shop?

If there are 3 in your area and they are scraping by WITH a reputation. Then how are you going to do with no reputation in the business.

This business is all about reputation and every install should be done like your reputation is there for all to see because it is.

If I were doing the hiring I would be reluctant to take you on  because you have already stated that you want to go at it on your own.

Learn the trade first. Not by watching videos but by doing the work.

For an  example of the REAL attention to detail required have a look at this video I've posted before.

We have a new tint terminology "crimppeling" :lol  :lol  :lol , good video though!!

Hi Drew , welcome :cool , Not knocking you about your tint experience ,but it sounds like you're more in a management stage right now. With the research you have gathered I would focus on as other said ,"get a good tinter" and promote your shop. Along the way you can garner the experience to tint yourself. Best of Luck!

Archived