What are you using to match factory tint !?

I've been having some trouble lately trying to find the right film to match factory tint. Alot of factory tint has a bronzish look vs. sun-gards desert smoke 20% has a bluish look. Been using sun-gard for the past 5 yrs just recently had a couple complaints about the film not matching. I've tried SUNGARD DESERT SMOKE 20% / PERFORMX-SLATE 20% / MIDNIGHT 20%

MADICO CHARCOAL 20% / CHARCOOL 20% / ONYX 20%

JOHNSON SILOUHETTE 20%

SO.....yea I've tried all those films for a match on the GM / FORD / JEEP factory tints none seem to match close enough to satisfy me or my customers. Waiting now on llumar sample of AT charcoal and ATR charcoal 20% so we'll see if that takes care of it, I've been hearing Llumars AT charcoal is closest match to OEM tint ! ? what does everyone use for these applications ? Thanks for any info.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont care what company you use, but never ever, you will match exactly to factory glass tinted windows, now if you commit yourself to matching it exactly to your customers then you got a problem. you have to tell the customer that never ever you'll be able to match it up , it will be close but that you tell the difference either from the inside looking out or the outside in, mostly inside you can tel the difference, now if your using sungard, that's another mistake,

I dont care what company you use, but never ever, you will match exactly to factory glass tinted windows, now if you commit yourself to matching it exactly to your customers then you got a problem. you have to tell the customer that never ever you'll be able to match it up.

[*]256458

:blah Saves both the tinter and the customer from being unhappy once this is established...and most of the time they are happy because they expected a worse matchup than you promised (or so I found)

To answer the original question,I use 35% ATR CH Llumar th bulk of the time :spit

I dont care what company you use, but never ever, you will match exactly to factory glass tinted windows, now if you commit yourself to matching it exactly to your customers then you got a problem. you have to tell the customer that never ever you'll be able to match it up.

[*]256458

:blah Saves both the tinter and the customer from being unhappy once this is established...and most of the time they are happy because they expected a worse matchup than you promised (or so I found)

To answer the original question,I use 35% ATR CH Llumar th bulk of the time :spit

[*]384087

:blah Me too!

Very close shade inside and out, and....it's legal in my state.

Except for some GM trucks, I use ATR 40% to make it meter above 32%. :inot

Archived