IS 250

pierce8468

I am not sure yet what happened to this car, but ley me give you a little warning.

I just did one of these last night pulled the front two panels off. tinted the car like any other and put the panels back on. Then the trouble came.

When I put the car into gear to pull it out of the shop. The door locks automaticly lock when put into gear. The front two door locks started to studder on me. I removed both panels assuming I had put them back on wrong. Well the driver door worked fine, but the pasenger door kept doing it.

I checked and I checked but it was going on fine. My only thought at this point is that something inside the door got wet. Causing some sort of interference or something.

I wont know exactly what the problem is on this car. untill the customer get it back to the dealer to have a look.

But if it is that something inside the door got wet. Your only choice is to remover the windows to tint this car. As I said I removed the panels so If something got wet. It is actualy inside the door and you cant help but wet it.

This car does have smart key technology so maybe that is what got wet I dont know . I will keep you posted to what happens

By the way this is the same car as the IS 350 just less horse power

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure yet what happened to this car, but ley me give you a little warning.

I just did one of these last night pulled the front two panels off. tinted the car like any other and put the panels back on. Then the trouble came.

When I put the car into gear to pull it out of the shop. The door locks automaticly lock when put into gear. The front two door locks started to studder on me. I removed both panels assuming I had put them back on wrong. Well the driver door worked fine, but the pasenger door kept doing it.

I checked and I checked but it was going on fine. My only thought at this point is that something inside the door got wet. Causing some sort of interference or something.

I wont know exactly what the problem is on this car. untill the customer get it back to the dealer to have a look.

But if it is that something inside the door got wet. Your only choice is to remover the windows to tint this car. As I said I removed the panels so If something got wet. It is actualy inside the door and you cant help but wet it.

This car does have smart key technology so maybe that is what got wet I dont know . I will keep you posted to what happens

By the way this is the same car as the IS 350 just less horse power

[*]352396

Sorry to hear that, I've tinted at about 15 of these cars so far with no problem. The door panels are kinda hard to take off, the clips are very strong!! I liked the old IS much better (to tint).

Let me know what the problem was.

did one of these yesterday. panels are cake to take off. screw behind the handle and screw hidden under the power window trim piece (which pops right up). then the panels just pop right off. heads up though....if the power is disconnected from the window switches then they have to be reset in order to work properly from the driver's controls. reset just like the new scions and avalons. :beer

did one of these yesterday.  panels are cake to take off.  screw behind the handle and screw hidden under the power window trim piece (which pops right up).  then the panels just pop right off.  heads up though....if the power is disconnected from the window switches then they have to be reset in order to work properly.  reset just like the new scions and avalons.  :beer

[*]353331

You have reset the sunroof timing on the Camry's if you diconnect the neg bat terminal, it's always a good idea to keep up with the electronics of these newer vehicles.

Having a good upstanding relationship with your local new car dealerships is always a great help in those type of situations.

I finally have something usefull to ad!

The locks are operated by a cable that has a slide catch you press into the panel. If its not in there tight it likes to pop out and the cable has nothing to hold it in place. Then when the locks are supposed to engage the cable moves and nothing happens.. The lock system tweaks out a little then. Just pop the panel and push the cable in tight into its little catch.

:nope

Archived