Protect your reputation

When you tint a vehicle be sure you state EXACTLY what windows you tinted and with what %. be sure and state that NO Tinting was Installed on Windshield, or just a visor strip was installed.

some customers have us do the hard back windows and then do the front DP in illegal film, or even worse go to a Haq shop for the winshield to be done in 20% .

This happened to me yesterday . I didnt specify that the front windshiled was not tinted, so to the authorities it will look like MY SHOP tinted the windshield :lol6:lol6

As I am writing this ANOTHER past customer came in and asked if I would do the back glass on his civic in 5%. he did the qtrs in 5% (3strips) :lol6 and is going to do the DP in 5% too. :gasp

I sent him packing. Its not worth the risk. We have too much too loose. :lol6

I just found out today that it's a $500.00 fine for the shops that do that here in Fla. I told the cop..." I bought the truck that way" otherwise Bulldog woulda been fined :lol6

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

you dont have to state what windows you didnt tint...just write what windows you tinted on the reciept and warranty and thats it. nobody can say you tinted it if its not on the reciept or even on the warranty.

heres a question....do any of you ever just sell tint?...uninstalled? and if so....what if it ends up on windows illegally? are we responsible for that?

I sure hope not...and I cant see why it would be our fault we didnt tint it, is walmart or autozone getting in trouble when people DIY Gila style?? still the same I do cash only for film sales...no record...no troubles :thumb

the reason I ask is that I had a guy come in today and ask me to tint his front windows (not legal here) I told him I didnt do front glass, so he asks if I will sell him some tint. Sure, I say, and measure him off the tint he will need. then he asks me..."so how bout coming to my house and putting this tint on for me?" I tell him no...that if I did that for him (somebody I dont know from adam) then I would have to do it for everybody (small town and everybody knows everybody's business). Anyway, he leaves in a bit of a huff that I wont tint his truck illegally...and now im thinking...what if he goes and does it himself...then accuses me of doing it? (I know that the job he will do and one I would do would not look even remotely similar....but still.)

Im not really sweatin this..but more of a curiousity really. the last notice I got said that we can be held accountable even if we do the tinting for cash, no reciept. Does the same apply for sellin the tint?

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

what notice did you get saying you'd be blamed even if there is no reciept.:hmmm its like you said what if he goes home and does it blaming you for putting it on...what if anybody that gets a ticket did that thinking if they pass the blame or "rat" on someone there punishment will be less. Im almost positive that unless an officer actually witnesses the install or they have you on video then theres no proof you did the illegal install and you wont be blamed, however they still have it on there vehicle and it's his ticket then. here in cali it's a misdemeanor and a large fine for illegal install

Archived