what job did you quit to tint?

any regrets? or did you make the right choice? would you rather be tinting? or do you hate it? as for me I started my own satellite tv biz a few years ago, then went into security. subscription based services. love/hate relationship to that biz until I realized I wasn't truly working for myself if I'm waiting on checks to come in the mail. too much customer service required for the money. and my wife hated it. I've only been tinting a few weeks. and I have to redo most windows once. (I'm probably overtinting) however, once I get faster and see some bigger money. I can't imagine why I didn't start doing this earlier on. I'm working from my home right now in my garage. I was driving 200 miles per day installing satellites. now I'm down to under 20. I see the family more and I'm not in the cold or sometimes rain. I think I made a good choice. but, I'll have to tell you for sure at the end of the year.

dw

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadowline

Got stitched up big time by management, as I was too outspoken against there corrupt ways, and they got me sacked, I was a paramedic with 11 years service, so I thought F**K you guys, im going to do what ive thought about for a few years, go tinting, did a course, lots of practice, then got a unit, still learning on each job, but coming on well, getting referrals, now residential jobs etc. And its better than scraping a body of the road in the pouring rain thats for sure!!!

had a metal roofing biz. left it and have never looked back. everything in the tint biz comes to you. if it fails they bring it back to you to fix, and I klnow where I am going to be working every day. roofing, your always chasing the dollar, and if it fails you gotta go back to wherever the job was to fix. never know where your going to be working.

Archived