Bekaert/SolarGard Sets up my biggest Dealership

Bekaert/Solargard - is running an ad campaign called "Partner with Bekaert and together we will grow your business".

Well, 4 years ago I partnered with Bekaert buying the ComputerCut system and remaining loyal to their brand. Last week they sold my biggest dealer account a ComputerCut system and are going to train them how to tint! I didn't even receive a courtesy call from my non-existant sales rep to even inquire if I was servicing the Dealership.

I realize the Dealer could have bought a plotter from anyone, but it was wrong for the very manu I "partnered" with to sell them the exact system I have without checking to see if their "partner" in the area would be adversely affected. Bekaert/SolarGard only made it easier for the dealership's in house plans to be acted upon.

Had the dealership gone in-house with TintTek, DigiTint, SignWarehouse, etc. I would still be in the same boat, but at least I would not feel betrayed by my manu for what feels like a "Stab in the Back"! Understand, I am not upset with the dealership, they are only trying to make more money. That is what happens in a free enterprise system. I am mad at Bekaert.

Now I am scrambling to recover the lost income (2/3 of my business was with this one store who I have serviced for over 10 years).

Thanks Bekaert! By "Partnering with Bekaert" they have effective put me out of business!

I have a mortgage and kids!! What am I going to do now?!?

I suppose I will recover in time, but it sure is a huge hit to take.

So to all of you considering a "partnership" with Bekaert/SolarGard, BEWARE! Ethics do not run Bekaert, Money does!

C.Y.A. Big time! I wish I had. I am very upset to say the least.

Fox Mulder F.B.I. agent: "Trust No One."

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just wait it out.

there is no way that someone is going to get trained in a months time to tint windows for the dealer.

You might get the account back if there are customer complaints and repairs. also trying show the dealer that by the time they pay the employee, stock window film, and the money the lost by taking up a service bay, it might be a wash to continue using you

Oh and switch films asap

Oh and switch films asap

:gasp

I just have one question. Did your solargard rep get you this account to begin with? If so, this should have been expected. If not and you got the account on your own and promoted thier film......thats real lame.

I always try to keep my accounts secret from my rep....but I have slipped up from time to time....and it has always come back to hurt me....very few reps can be trusted.

Hope everything works out.

I'm sorry to hear about that for you...

My Dad used to say when he worked with me that if you live by Car Dealer work, you'll die by Car Dealer work.

I always try to have it be an addition to my business, not a staple.

Try to shift to retail work and you'll be happier anyway.

I'm sorry to hear about that for you...

My Dad used to say when he worked with me that if you live by Car Dealer work, you'll die by Car Dealer work.

I always try to have it be an addition to my business, not a staple.

Try to shift to retail work and you'll be happier anyway.

Well said! :gasp:gasp

Guest Da Beach

What a shame...do they even realize that you are the one selling tint and not cars? Just remember, what goes around...comes around.

I see several oppotunities for you.

1. approach another manu with your figures and get an even better deal for film.

2. when the sales rep from Bekeart screws up the relationship, and he will, you have no choice but to raise your price to service the same dealer.

3. approach the dealer to consistently provide training tips ($200 per 30 minute session) for their "wanna-be" tinters. As you know tinting is an art not just putting plastic to glass.

4. when the sales rep from Bekart screws up by dailing to consistenly communicate with the dealer he just sold film too, you go in and sell your "new" brand of film to them for a fair margin.

The opportunity you have is not a loss, but a gain. The dealer will soon realize your "value" and will be more than willing to pay for it. Get a wholesale lisence (tax incentive) and with your current lisence you charge for training at the same time you will make more for the r&r's.

Guest Thetintcenter

That really sucks! I do have a couple of questions though ... You said that you don't blame the dealership but you said they have been your account for ten years going. Why would they switch? Did they call Bekaert or was it a sales call? I would call the person who made the decision to switch and find out why. Good Luck and sorry to hear about the loss of business. Keep plugging away and you'll get another.

Guest darkdan
Why would they switch?

$$$$$

Keep in mind car dealerships are hurting right now and increasing margins by any means necessary.

Guest Thetintcenter
Why would they switch?

$$$$$

Keep in mind car dealerships are hurting right now and increasing margins by any means necessary.

Understood but for a dealership to invest for a plotter, program, training, film inventory, etc. seems like they would've been better off sending it out like they have been doing. I know that to set this up at a dealership is ALOT of $$$$ and they better hope that the porter can tint. :gasp

Archived