tip for drumming up some business

ok we all know gas prices are hitting peoples pockets

so offer a 20 dollar gas card with any full tint job

try it out if you run down to your local gas station spend 100 bucks on gas cards

then run your sale on your next call or walk in they should eat it up

they will get the tint they were looking for and some free gas

just my 2 cents

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok we all know gas prices are hitting peoples pockets

so offer a 20 dollar gas card with any full tint job

try it out if you run down to your local gas station spend 100 bucks on gas cards

then run your sale on your next call or walk in they should eat it up

they will get the tint they were looking for and some free gas

just my 2 cents

Very tempting, all you have to do is raise your prices buy $20 when offering the gas cards :spit

Very tempting, all you have to do is raise your prices buy $20 when offering the gas cards :spit
thats what I say it ends up not costing you a thing and the customer thinks there getting free gas!!

Kinda shady way of doing things IMO . I've done the reverse in respects to the rising cost of gas..my cost of running a business and living has gone up since prices of gas and grain have increased so I charge more like the rest of the world has to ...if business drops a bit because of it, so be it ..at least I'm not losing $$$ ,just making the same but working less , if you stay as busy, congrats..you just now kept up with inflation and no worries of keeping the open sign lit.

To each his/her own ..what ever keeps you in business :spit

everything is shady in this line of work

not only the shops but customers as well

saying we scratched the car when it was there before it pulled in the driveway

or that you soiled there interior when they left you a nice dirty diaper on the floorboard before you tint

or who knows so many variables the customers will use to get something for nothing or complain

im sure all of you have come across it

right now everyone is dropping there prices to get the cars in

so if you add in the gas card and charge full price your not ripping anyone off and your not being shady

your getting what your worth and the customer gets what they want with a feeling of even getting more

well I have no control over prices im just a installer

I was just thinking it may be a good idea to give out gas cards with window tint

people just arent spending there money like they used to

anything helps right??

Everything is shady in this business????? Maybe in your shop, but most of us out here are definately NOT !!! Such a broad statement in the open forum about our industry. I would definately take issue with that, as, I am sure, will many others!!!

Also, your gas card idea.....have you taken it up with your boss, since you are , as you put it, 'just the installer' ??? What was your bosses thought on it??? Have him(or her) setup an account here and let us know!!!!

Everything is shady in this business????? Maybe in your shop, but most of us out here are definately NOT !!! Such a broad statement in the open forum about our industry. I would definately take issue with that, as, I am sure, will many others!!!

Also, your gas card idea.....have you taken it up with your boss, since you are , as you put it, 'just the installer' ??? What was your bosses thought on it??? Have him(or her) setup an account here and let us know!!!!

im not saying all shops are shady

I was replying to the comment (that its shady to charge 20 bucks extra and give out a gas card)

ive seen shops advertising 99 for any tint car then you come in and its for crappy film and 200+ for the good stuff

kinda shady wouldnt you say if your prices are down to get cars in how is it shady to bump them back to normal and give out a gas card

ive taken it up with my bosses 2 think its great one wants to research it further before taking action on it thats all

not looking to offend anyone and sorry you took offense but that was not my intention

just giving out a tip to those who are looking for some customers

Guest tintgod

im not saying all shops are shady

I was replying to the comment (that its shady to charge 20 bucks extra and give out a gas card)

ive seen shops advertising 99 for any tint car then you come in and its for crappy film and 200+ for the good stuff

kinda shady wouldnt you say if your prices are down to get cars in how is it shady to bump them back to normal and give out a gas card

ive taken it up with my bosses 2 think its great one wants to research it further before taking action on it thats all

not looking to offend anyone and sorry you took offense but that was not my intention

just giving out a tip to those who are looking for some customers

I think a better tip would to learn how to sell your product better, and that will get you clients...and educate the clients on window film and how some are cheap and some are not..and you get what you pay for.

Archived