Welding Screen for Peeling Board

Guest blueyes

Guest blueyes

Ive been using this for a while and it really helps if you are tinting in a area that isnt as clean as you would like. or if thier is a breeze coming in you cant control. ( guys in the shop complain its to hot in here open the doors!) A welding screen is made of a thick plastic. once it is framed up you can stick your film on it to peel off of. It also helps with curved back glass pieces that tend to roll off of glass. The matierial bends so it will hold even curved pieces. you can manuver the frame to stand close to you while you are sticking door glass. you can actually peel and stick without not even leaving your seated position. Since the film isnt traveling all the way across the shop you should expect to get no contaminates in the film at all. Hope this helps.

Guest thatsnappyguy

personally, if I was going that route, I would just frame some glass on wheels so not only can they hold the film, but u can cut and trim on them as well.

Guest blueyes

Bingo johnny tint.

they come in smaller size. you can also uee a shower curtain that is slick like the screen. use wood to fram it like a picture and use carpet stripes to tac it from behind.

Guest blueyes

not too expensive. about $60.00 for the screen. you can make your own frame like I did from sceed.40 pvc pipe. or you can buy the frame for about $120.00.

Guest blueyes

It is very light and easy to move about the shop, if it falls over for some reason it dosent present a problem that glass would. I love it.

Guest blueyes

I actually came across this by accident. while tinting at a new shop one day I was having a fit keeping my work clean. Pulling my hair out. :lol

The last tinter had just quit because of the dirt problem. I had on one side of me a guy mounting tires and rims. Dropping tires , and spreding breakdust all around. on the other side I had some guy doing custom framework to accomidate huge tires and rims. 30" rims :poke:spit (cant stand that look myself). There was nothing between me and them. I notice a welding screen out the corner of my eye and. :lol

wouldn't tint without one now.

Archived