Tinters Hammer

Well, I have posted about this a couple times. I can't claim that this is a totally original idea. Chris at Performance Tools told me that I could do this as I wanted to get one of the Thor's hammers and they didn't stock them....I needed it quicker.

It is quite simple to get the parts.

You will need a couple feet of 3/4 inch CPVC plastic pipe. The only other thing you will need is the "T" fitting. Total cost should be less than $10.

Mine has 2 inch pieces for the "handle" and the longer part is 12 inches long. I made one shorter and one that was longer for the extension part, but I found that the 12 inch was a perfect fit for ME.....

You can simple insert it into the Unger handle and it will grip nicely. I am sure it would work on other handles as well.....

Parts

IMG00076-1.jpg

Put together

IMG00078-1.jpg

Guest scottydosnntkno

I don't know what it is but I never get that style bmax to work for FG for me. I always feel like I'm pushing way to hard in order for it to push out the water completely along the whole blade.

I find the auto bmax easier for me, but this is much better than spending $50 on a hammer, which I believe used a auto bmax blade?

I don't know what it is but I never get that style bmax to work for FG for me. I always feel like I'm pushing way to hard in order for it to push out the water completely along the whole blade.

I find the auto bmax easier for me, but this is much better than spending $50 on a hammer, which I believe used a auto bmax blade?

You have to push harder with a blue max than you would with that to get the same amount of water out.

Ive done the same thng Lil Details, but with a plunger handle stuck in it.

got good grip wrapping my hand around with the "shaft" between middle and ring fingers.....

Oh yeah this thing stays apart so it fits in my tool box nicely. The pipe fittings are nice and snug when together though.

Guest tintjam65
Wow didnt even think about that! :lol to whoever came up with first!

Jeff Greene at Astic / Signals Defense is who I was told came up with the first. Heard it was a sawed-off shovel handle and stock to make. :lol

It looks terrific to me!

I am all for anything that will help evacuate as much water as possible during application. We get 3-4 "flash fog" calls from customers every week.

Those of you that hang heavy gauge films on a regular basis are accustomed to doing it. If you are new to heavy gauge, a tool like this (or something similar) is needed along with a very methodical squeegee pattern and plenty of overlapping strokes.

There is a very good reason why heavy gauge installers get top $$ sq/ft. Installing that film is a real workout and it takes quite a bit of practice until you master it.

-Howard

Archived