Audi A8 rear headrest removal

Johnnytint

We all know the A8 is a nightmare. Ive been doing 2 Audi dealers and they have been very nice about removing the rear seat so I can get in there and tint it until today. I assume someone figured out that they are paying a mechanic 3-4 hrs labor to remove and replace the back end of this POS car and they are not going to help anymore.

I was told its now my responsablity to do whatever it takes to tint a car and if I cant do it someone else will (I love dealers) :rollin

so I tried to tint without removing the headrest after two tries I got it but what a pain

Today I get another one I say these headrest are coming out and I am not taking the seat out

here it is first remove the overhead panel that covers the connections to the defroster and antenea

Next cover the top of the head rest with some masking tape to protect it from getting damaged. Press the release pin and push up on headrest when it reachs the top CAREFULLY push the headrest towards the center of the car then pull towards the front of the car then push up on the headrest. Repeat this 4-5 time each times you get a little more play in it and then it comes out. I am NOT saying that its easy to remove by any means but the only other way is seat removal and thats no fun either .

As you can see the headrest is really maxed out and about to break but it does come out I also wedged a 9" piece of yellow smooth between the rear deck and the seat as shown here

it helped to angle the seat foward and make it easier

Now as for the 6" of rear deck that are in the way on the bottom. being as the rear deck is rapped in materail not carpet is figured in could slip in nice and clean and I used a BIGFOOT first to get down 3"-4" and then a 3 ring binder covered with paper towel then a CONQUER it had some moisture in it its not 100% but :rollin

With the money I saved the dealer in labor they were happy to give me an extra $75 labor and every one is happy

again today was the first one and be careful because this could cause unrepairable damage if you really whale on it but compaired to pulling that seat I feel its worth the risk :thumb

I was told its now my responsablity to do whatever it takes to tint a car and if I cant do it someone else will (I love dealers) :)

Johnny good going mate but if you're not in the position to tell them to jam it up their back seat, then you'll be screwed over forever by dealers.

Gain some self respect and call their trump.

You won't regret it! :)

Devil

ive seen alot of people use the three eing binder. try this it works great take a 4 inch scraper. and put a gold card in it. just mark the card where the hole is. drill through it and put it in . gives you all the reach you need and wont scratch the film. oh yeah to be a little more careful. put some black tape around the metal. just in case you happen to slip. I havent yet but better safe than sorry

Archived