solar screens

I am thinking about making some of these for my house, you can get the material at lowes, it claims 80% heat rejection and it comes in different colors, I tinted a ladys storm door thursday and she had a company install it on her house, you could see out but it seemed like you were in the shade looking out. seems like this would go hand and hand with tint :lol blocks alot of heat and you dont have to worry about glass breakage.

I am going to find a way to make a frame and mount this stuff myself :idea

anybody use this stuff or have it on their house?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ot come to my houes when its 100 degrees outside and the sun is blazing directly into your house :lol believe me you want to do something, tint dont help at all, we have vertical blinds and still have to have them shut to keep the heat and sun out, from about 5 to 8 I cant even see out my window in the kitchen. I can n***r rig my own with lowes help :idea

Guest Braud Spectrum

I worked at a couple places a way back that made those. Back then, they were real difficult to see out of. You almost had to sway back and forth to get a good view. But lately, from what I hear the actual weave of the screen is different and better about visibility. But they do really work. Come in all kindsa colors too.

I have had a little competition with the screen do-ers lately. Customers who are deciding which way to go...The price is about the same comparitively. So naturally I play up the bad. The disadvantage of them on commercial buildings is that vandals can bugger it up real easily for meanness. Dogs too on patio doors.

there are companies taht make the whole set up, the frames out of aluminum and install them, but wince I am kinda handy I can come up with something for a frame, and you can get the fabric stuff at lowes, I saw it sunday thats what got my wheels turning. :lol I want the "darth vader look" for my house :idea

Archived