need help please. tint scratching suntek carbon

hey guys I been in business for about 4 years now and I have two techs. We currently tint with suntek carbon and I have notice that when my guys install the tint they scratch the film often. I constantly give them new tools, and they are always cleaning their tools. I don't know if is suntek carbon that has a poor scratch resistent or is the tools. Now the tools are also sold by suntek.

thank you in advance

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bmwm514,

Because the Scratch coat on the ST Carbon contains much of the films color, it will tend to show scratches more than a film that doesn't contain color in the scratch coat.

If you don't need to use the Carbon, might I suggest contacting Express Window Films whom is a long time sponsor here on TintDude and getting your hands on some Classic Black film. I believe it may just solve your issue. The color is very close to Carbon, it is very competitively priced and you will find the film has a very solid history of good usability and great longevity.

The folks at Express can help you further.

Cheers.

Are you sanding down the tools before you use them?

I usually have to sand my hard cards weekly from to get the nicks out. Ive used a lot of Global and suntek and ive gotten the same amount of scratching with both. I actually got the worse scratch the other day which was the entire length of the bottom seal 2 inches avive it from my eazy reach. I checked my ez reach after and i could feel some nicks running my nail over the edge and i had it wrapped.

Archived