Typical results from Suntek cxp tint?

Hey guys, I am new to the forum but I was lurking for a while and it seems like there are a lot of knowledgable people here.

My issue I have with my tint is that it seems like this tint is really hazy when in direct sunlight. I don't know if this is typical and can be expected or if I could get another tint to remedy the issue.

The tint on my sides I. Suntek cxp 35 I had done about 2 years ago. The windshield I had done a week ago and is Suntek cxp 70. Both the side windows and windshield seem really hazy in direct sunlight. It's actually pretty hard to see through it when you are heading into the sun. My commute has me driving into the sun in the morning and afternoon.

I have attached an imgur album with some pics. Please let me know if this is normal and if not, is there another product you would recommend that would not perform like this?
Thanks!!!

https://imgur.com/a/oQd2Z

azWhoJU.jpg

utIHcZ5.jpg

UKBzcR9.jpg

1WCjHL9.jpg

t4CIaiq.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, same in the other thread so may be a common issue with Suntek.  We only used it for a short time and couldn't get past the scratching issues.  If you are ever looking to have it redone, let us know...we are in Norcross, GA.  We carry Llumar and 3M window films.  Based on the percentages you have there, I would suggest Llumar CTX for the sides/rear and AIR 80 on the windshield.  On one of my cars I remove the Huper Optik Ceramic 70 for a similar issue and replaced it with AIR 80.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Its a shame I didn't think about this before I did the windshield in the same tint. The new windshield tint got me thinking about it and had me wondering if it was normal.

DynamicApperance, if there a particula person I should I ask for? I'd like to give you guys a call but it would be cool to talk to you since you know my situation.

Thanks again!

What would you suggest for the windshield? 

I've been following these types of posts.... once I get my car I'll be looking to have it tinted - windshield included for heat issues.   :thumb

I like the look of the Flex Film Panaflex 70, SolarFX RejectorFX 70 and EWF LDA 70 although it has a slight rainbow look from the outside. I installed the LDA 70 on the windshield of my Expedition and when I had the chance to actually meet Howard and picked him up from the airport to have lunch, he didn't even know the film was there until I mentioned it. The MMM CR 90 is nice looking too if you can find someone to shrink it properly.

Archived