Glue Issue

Guest Old Dude

Guest Old Dude

I'm having a hard time finding Elmer's Blue Glue so I sent the old lady to Michaels and they were about to close so she bought some Aleene's Platinum Bond 7800. Said she couldn't find the Aleenes Clear Gel. Anyone tried this stuff? I have a "02 Vette in the morning with wicked matrix. I'm gonna try to hang-dry it but looking for a back up just incase. I don't want to have to shrink it again if it doesn't work. :twocents

Guest Crackz

use a elmers glue stick purple or clear also staples has avery glue stick they also dry clear as far as the one you have you need to contact willie he use's that brand :twocents

Guest Key West
I'm having a hard time finding Elmer's Blue Glue so I sent the old lady to Michaels and they were about to close so she bought some Aleene's Platinum Bond 7800. Said she couldn't find the Aleenes Clear Gel. Anyone tried this stuff? I have a "02 Vette in the morning with wicked matrix. I'm gonna try to hang-dry it but looking for a back up just incase. I don't want to have to shrink it again if it doesn't work. :thumb

The platinum should be just ducky. It's just a slight variation of the regular Aleenes.

Guest Old Dude

Did it dry. Not much whitish and cust. said it was good. I was so proud I shrunk it 1-piece that I didn't figure how hard it would be to install it by myself. That was a wake-up call! So tonight :beer Now I wish I would've just pieced it and left the pride "literally": in the back seat. :beer

Archived