How many of your warranty claims go unreported?

Guest All Wrapped

Guest All Wrapped

Do you go through the trouble of filing for repayment :tantrum

The photos here are of a costomers car who said her 3 year tint job was under warranty.

I told her that the windows appeared to have been ripped and were not covered.

So we replaced them for her. Stupid me, she came to get her car and asked for a warranty card and I told her no.

In a fi of rage she flipped out and called the cops.

What a truely strange world we live in................... :dunno

"Costomer: A customer who costs you money"

post-23632-1201912057.gif

Guest darkdan

I've had two film failures so far. One went unreported, the other I reported and was told that even though I had the receipt, the BOX of film still, that since I didn't have a warranty card filled out for them I wouldn't get reimbursed. I said fine, send me a card and I'll fill it out! They didn't like that comment.

I've had one that peeled like crazy, and I'm not sure if it's the film's fault or the fact it's an 11 year old frameless car, but it peeled on all 4 windows. So a possible 3rd failure.

Guest Sprinter

none, if they had a warranty issue I tell them up front that if I go out of business or they move to Florida that they are still covered by the nation wide warranty, and that they can not call me they have to call the manufactuer to get the ball rolling for any warranty work. If the manufactuer doesn't call me and ship it off to one of their shops that handles warranty work then I never hear of it. I did just replace a slider door the one that slides for free since there is no longer a warranty on it and the last time I was called was 3 months ago to relace two side windows & I threw in the 1/4's for distortion and since this was my 4th warranty in 12 years I forgot to keep some film to turn in so I would be paid, I was'nt going to go back and r&r the rear window for free and then be able to turn in some film for a 80 dollar warranty claim.

Guest Key West
Do you go through the trouble of filing for repayment :ninja

The photos here are of a costomers car who said her 3 year tint job was under warranty.

So we replaced them for her. Stupid me, she came to get her car and asked for a warranty card and I told her no.

What a truely strange world we live in................... :evileye

Yes, It truly is. And some of our custys live in a world even stranger!!

Did she have a warranty card originally? If so, then she should have gotten a second one for the re-do, if she didn't have a warranty and you did it out of kindness :lol2:lol2 her!!! I dont file 'em. I keep them around for about a year or so, just in case I DO get inundated. At that point I'd file, but I just don't have the kind of warranty probs I see described alot here. :hmmm I think I've had no more than 3 in all my years. But then, I don't use three year film, either.

Just curious, but exactly WHAT did she think the cops were gonna do? Arrest you for felonious customer service, and 1st degree misdemeanor niceness? :nohit::blah

Guest TINTING AZ

we dont get that many but if we do we just strip n retint n send them on there way usually customers dont keep there car long enough but some do

I do save the cores of my rolls and after I have a bunch I take them to sg for a credit :broken

Guest TINTING AZ
Do you go through the trouble of filing for repayment :broken

What a truely strange world we live in................... :ohcrap

she called the cops :beer just retint give them warranty card customer leaves happy n theyll bring others or another car there :lol2 just good business

Archived