Winter peeling problems...for the 1st time

I have been in the biz for 15 years and last year I decided to try not removing panels, I am happy, the jobs look perfect but I have had a few comebacks this winter for peeling tint. Not a lot but more then usual.

I have had no problems at my new car dealer clients, I am guessing because the car is not delivered for a day or 2. My main problems have been at a retail outlet I do work for, I am sure the clients roll the windows down halfway down the block....in the past when I removed the panels it did not matter

Any hints on how to remove more water below the panel? .

For now I just use a good squeegee and a chizler.

I am curious about using wedges or something.

Any tips appreciated!

Try a slammer or just remove the pannel or pull back the top and pull the seal on the applicable door! :uh

[*]366685

Removing a panel or the seal is a given, I did that for years , I was hoping for some insight from those who do not remove....

I know some use wedges, but I am not familiar with the method.

make sure the film is below the seal, and both of them if it has the double seal

never had any trouble not pulling , I wrap hard card with paper towel and go over bottom

make sure the film is below the seal, and both of them if it has the double seal

never had any trouble not pulling , I wrap hard card with paper towel and go over bottom

[*]366752

:uh Or a towel around a card, whatever you use, but get all the water out that you can as this is what will solve alot of peeling problems. The windows will probably need to stay up for a day as well, but if you get the water out, it usually won't matter even if it's cold and the film gets just a little time to set.

Tucking the film leaves little or no room for error on the bottom edge, so watch yourself as you start slipping the film in, especially up by the mirrors as this is where on a lot of rigs will get you.

Archived