Slip Solution Water Type

10 hours ago, otterslide said:

I don't know how the salt from the softener affects tint, but I have a feeling it doesn't help.

salt in the softener is to clean the resin tank.  should be no salt in the water.  been on well water for 17 years, 3x20 pre-filter for iron and undisolved solids.  40k grain softener for the hard water.  house filter have to change every 3 months or so,  think its a 5 micron.  they make another for after the softener in a 3x20 with 1 or 1.5 micron.  filters cartridges are $10 compared to $50 for my fridge filter which  I no longer have to change.   so many things effect how slippery your slip will be,  reason I am trying to make a tank with adjustable slip on the fly.

On 9/18/2017 at 10:45 PM, shadytints said:

salt in the softener is to clean the resin tank.  should be no salt in the water.  been on well water for 17 years, 3x20 pre-filter for iron and undisolved solids.  40k grain softener for the hard water.  house filter have to change every 3 months or so,  think its a 5 micron.  they make another for after the softener in a 3x20 with 1 or 1.5 micron.  filters cartridges are $10 compared to $50 for my fridge filter which  I no longer have to change.   so many things effect how slippery your slip will be,  reason I am trying to make a tank with adjustable slip on the fly.

That sounds like a good idea.  There is a small amount of salt in water, instead of cal/mag it gets replaced with salt.  Some people can taste it in their water.  I was able to get pretty good results with more shampoo and I had no fingers still.  I put 8ml per 900ml.  

I am going to try an organic shampoo next, I am getting slightly allergic to the JJ shampoo.   I have an older bottle that was bought before they removed the two cancer causing ingredients..

I think even plain aloe vera gel could work.  It will cost more, but leave your hands feeling great.  If less of it is required it may not cost too much extra overall.  

5 hours ago, otterslide said:

I am going to try an organic shampoo next, I am getting slightly allergic to the JJ shampoo.   I have an older bottle that was bought before they removed the two cancer causing ingredients..

many choices now for slip that will not harm film.   carmax and burts bees is standard equipment for me to keep hands from falling apart