At What VLT% does visibility start being impacted

In the jurisdiction in which I live, we are allowed to have 35% in front and 20% in rear. I'm wondering @ what VLT% does the driver's visibility in adverse conditions like night time driving, storms, cloudy weather, fog, floods, etc., start being impacted?

Front side windows:

45.00%

43.00%

42.00%
41.00%

40.00%
39.00%
38.00%
37.00%

36.00%
35.00%

Rear Side Windows:

38.00%

33.00%

32.00%

31.00%

30.00%
29.00%

27.00%

25.00%

23.00%

22.00%
21.00%
20.00%

Rear Window:

45.00%
43.00%
42.00%
41.00%
40.00%
39.00%
38.00%
37.00%
36.00%
35.00%
33.00%
32.00%
31.00%
30.00%
29.00%
27.00%
25.00%
23.00%
22.00%
21.00%
20.00%

The answer is YES.... 

Any tint will impact your vision.  How much you can tolerate is really subjective and situational.  Are and vision impact,  where you are driving impacts, the type of car and window angles impact......

3 hours ago, Ryker said:

The answer is YES.... 

Any tint will impact your vision.  How much you can tolerate is really subjective and situational.  Are and vision impact,  where you are driving impacts, the type of car and window angles impact......

2024 Toyota RAV4 GX Auto 2WD

My region is humid subtropical climate (Köppen climate classification: Cfa/Cwa) somewhat similar to Dallas-Fort Worth Texas.

Yes, I'm aware that any level of tint reduces driver's visibility (part of the reason regulators impose maximum tint % is due to safety concerns), but my question is more regards any noticeable difference between VLT% & therefore subsequent increase in accident risk as a consequence when it comes to comparisons of the aforementioned tint %s.

Given the government where I live don't allow anything darker than 35% in the front side, but allow 20% in the rear side and rear window, my presumption is that there's a noticeable difference between 35% and 20% in low visibility conditions (which makes me wonder why the rear window is allowed to be 20% and not 35%). 

But where does visibility impact start occurring? Is there a particular variance between VLT that the driver notices a perceivable difference (obviously this would differ between ever driver due to inherent individual characteristics, hence I'm wondering whether a study has ever been conducted on this)?

For example:

• Would 35% be noticeably worse than 45% for driver's visibility in front side windows?
  • Would 20% be noticeably worse than 33% for Rear side windows?

On 5/10/2024 at 8:54 PM, MVOZ said:

Yes, I'm aware that any level of tint reduces driver's visibility (part of the reason regulators impose maximum tint % is due to safety concerns), but my question is more regards any noticeable difference between VLT% & therefore subsequent increase in accident risk as a consequence when it comes to comparisons of the aforementioned tint %s.

Given the government where I live don't allow anything darker than 35% in the front side, but allow 20% in the rear side and rear window, my presumption is that there's a noticeable difference between 35% and 20% in low visibility conditions (which makes me wonder why the rear window is allowed to be 20% and not 35%). 

But where does visibility impact start occurring? Is there a particular variance between VLT that the driver notices a perceivable difference (obviously this would differ between ever driver due to inherent individual characteristics, hence I'm wondering whether a study has ever been conducted on this)?

For example:

• Would 35% be noticeably worse than 45% for driver's visibility in front side windows?
  • Would 20% be noticeably worse than 33% for Rear side windows?

It is all subjective. You can NOT get a real answer except for yourself.