Need advice on Rear small windows on Lexus IS 300

Guest LOANSHARK

Guest LOANSHARK

:nope Hi, Im just a consumer and have no expertise in tinting.

I just got my new Thundercloud Grey Lexus IS 300 Sport Design done in Quantum Tint (has a silver/gold color to it) I thought it looked terrible on. So much so that I had the tint shop who installed it strip it off. I paid them to put 22% grey tint on and it looks awesome!

The question I have is, on the small rear windows (triangle shaped). The tint fits in all the cracks near the edge so you cant see where the window boarder begins and ends from the outside. but as you go up the side toward the top (on the side facing the back of the car) the tint doesnt go all the way to the rubber.

I asked the guys at the tint shop and they said this is normal as it is so tight they cant get the tint in there without it bunching up.

Is this true? Or should I have them re-do it. It just doesnt look right. I dont think I should notice a gap in the tint and black/metal window boarder on the outside of the car.

Please help!!!

p.s. I hope my description makes sense.

Thanks! :wall

Guest shattered

Politely go back and ask them to try tinting it over Tell them you know they do good work and that they can do better than that :nope happens and give them a second chance to right the wrong

PT

Guest LOANSHARK

They insisted that it was the best that can be done. I didnt want to accuse them of lying. I just done agree, but I dont want to p1ss the person off thats working on my car.

Should I pursue?

Guest tintgod

for me...I take those window out...no gap..no dirt..but that is jsut me..and not everyone will agree with this process...they say it is not nessecary...and im not going to tell them that is wrong..

I do this just for ppl like you(not saying you are picky :hmmm )...but I fel that every car chould get the same treatment that I would do my own car..and that is the cleanest and small to no gaps at all...and with taking them out..the film is under the rubber seal and there is no chance the there will ba a light gap...and you dont have to trim the rubber out like some ppl do...which can be another problem in of itself..

my best advise is ...just let it go with that shop....and if it is that bothersome...check some other local shops and see if they will take them out and do redo them...that is the best I can give you... :hmmm

Guest LOANSHARK

Thanks for the advice all!

I did exaclty what you said and went to another shop. Boy what a difference. They didnt even have to take out the windows and it looks perfect. Not that hard to do accordign to the guy.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived