New Installation Video

Guest The guys at Invinca-Shield

The up-dated installation video we mentioned in an earlier post is now available for viewing on our website at www.invinca-shield.com. This technique describes how our proprietary solution can be used to decrease the amount of time needed to perform a professional installation while at the same time improving quality and reducing the likelihood that typical installation-related issues like "orange peel", "silvering" or visible squeegee marks will occur.

Also, for those of you who haven't seen it yet, with permission, we have posted 3M's new Scotchgard ppf infomercial which we think is a great way to educate both retail customers and dealerships alike in the value of ppf in a 4 minute presentation.

We'd be interested in getting any feedback both good and bad about our installation video.

Guest Sidewinder

As both are in RM format I guess I will take your word for it. I do not have, nor will never have the real player loaded on any pc I care about, it is an infestation...

Thanks anyway

Guest Express Dent

I must be blind, I cant find the link for the 3M infomercial. Allthough if the 3M info is Real also I wont be able to check it out either. Someone will have to post a bit of feedback about both.

Guest whoapower

Nope, it isn't easy to find, even though it is right there on the front page. The framed sites - eh, let's not touch that. But, the flashing icons need to be changed, removed, or have some other way of getting the message across. Otherwise, distracting/detracting from the links.

If you need a hand at usability / developing / revamping the website, or heck, just touching it up, let me know. I have done it professionally for years and years, but now just do it on the side and help out others when possible.

Guest AutoAppearancesInc

The guys at Invinca-Shield:

Very nice video, well done.

There are just some minor things I would of changed, but it still looked good.

Good luck with it.

I am hoping that I will be able to attend the next class, I had to back out of this weeks one at the last minute.

Sorry about that, just had some cash flow issues!!!

Guest Sharprocks
We'd be interested in getting any feedback both good and bad about our installation video.

Ok, some destructive critisism.

Besides the classy looking fellas in the video... first, I would NEVER use a napkin/towel until the end of the installation along the edges to get adhesion where it may be holding water, wouldn't using a cloth throughout the whole install cause for lint everywhere? Also exposing the dry adhesive to the air and then touching it as it is taken off the role is asking for disaster, Kit seemed to line up very nice, however, I was extremely confused as to why you didn't simply do a hand swipe in the contoured area? Get a seal at the front of the contour and perform a hand swipe from the front toward the rear of the kit. It took him like 8 minutes to accomplish a 1 min. area. How many squeegee marks did he leave in that area, water bubbles, ghosting, etc. The low resolution will hide the imperfections making the video appear nice, but I would bet there were a lot of blemishes there.

Nothing personal just being honest and giving feed back...

PS, I know the hard cards are relatively inexpensive, but try using a real :lol6 next time :rollin

My own video coming soon...

Ok, some destructive critisism.

Besides the classy looking fellas in the video... first, I would NEVER use a napkin/towel until the end of the installation along the edges to get adhesion where it may be holding water, wouldn't using a cloth throughout the whole install cause for lint everywhere? Also exposing the dry adhesive to the air and then touching it as it is taken off the role is asking for disaster,  Kit seemed to line up very nice, however, I was extremely confused as to why you didn't simply do a hand swipe in the contoured area?  Get a seal at the front of the contour and perform a hand swipe from the front toward the rear of the kit.  It took him like 8 minutes to accomplish a 1 min. area.  How many squeegee marks did he leave in that area, water bubbles, ghosting, etc.  The low resolution will hide the imperfections making the video appear nice, but I would bet there were a lot of blemishes there. 

Nothing personal just being honest and giving feed back...

PS, I know the hard cards are relatively inexpensive, but try using a real :lol6 next time  :lol6

Thanks for the critique. We are going to use both good and bad points to improve on the video and no offense is taken just because someone mentions a way we could have shown something a bit better.

Yep, I said the same thing when I first interviewed Mark for a position as chief installer.....shaved head, tatoos running down the lengths of both arms, etc. Being from corporate America I have to admit I was skeptical at first. But tell you what, I'd put him up against the best in the World at installing ppf. Not only has he personally done 3 Enzo's but we have clients 400 miles away who pay us travel expenses at $.50 / mile plus his salary to have him do installs on their vehicles. He's also the one at our booth at SEMA who, to demonstrate how forgiving the film really can be, removed a hood piece from a vehicle that was nearly dried and then rewetting it and stretching it, took what appeared to be a useless piece of film and reinstalled it back on the hood so that it looked great! Now that is an advanced skill not everyone can do.

The "cloth" was a 3M lintfree wipe so linting was not an issue.

The video is one we send out with each retail kit we sell so we wanted it do show more detail about how to work the film. Those of you who saw Mark at SEMA noticed that he did use Sharprocks' recommendation for how to set the piece of film. Incidentally, using our solution and the lint free wipe around the card squeegee we did not have any bubbles, ghosting, or squeegee marks, etc. on the install as it was performed. I think mainly in part to using our special solution. And that was a major feature here, notice how it wasn't necessary to flush out all the soap and replace it with ISO and water!

Lastly, while we do prefer the Blue Max squeegee or Red Turbo, our video was meant to demonstrate the technique for installing the kit using all the supplies that are included with a retail kit package. In those packages we include the hard card squeegees since they are typically used once and then discarded. An installation video that was produced exclusively for the professional applicator would most certainly contain more of the elements that Sharprocks mentioned.

Oh, and by the way.....the soundtrack music being played in the background during the install was original "stuff" being played by the other installer, Mac and his buddies by their "garage band". I gave those two guys a digital camcorder and full reign to make the installation video as they saw fit and I think they did a pretty decent job. They may not be pretty to look at but they are multi-talented. :lol6

Thanks again for the feedback, guys!

Archived