show integra

Tintologist

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wellington P Funk

Off-topic I know, but the top section of the paint on that Integra is something called Marbelizer by House of Kolor (or something similar by a competitor).

Basically, after laying down a colored basecoat (in this case, navy blue) and letting it dry, you spray a thick, heavy coat of the marbelizer (in this case, silver), and while it's still wet you lay a sheet of saran-wrap over it, smooth it down, and pull it off. Depending on how many wrinkles/creases end up in the plastic wrap, and how you pull it off, you can get some crazy patterns!

Someone needs to make tint like that!

-Bob

thanks tntbds...

Mr. P Funk, I asked my buddy about the paint he laid. Yall gotta check out the site www.lectrafinish.com. It is a crystal paint, I guess you lay the first layer,like P Funk was saying dark blue, the crystal paint is water based or something which causes the water-oil kinda look, and then another layer of paint, wipe it all off and clear coat. Im not a painter but somethin like that. The website has all kinds of phat paint jobs and alot of the crystal paint. Its the same company that has a chrome paint they put on a MR2 that is insane.

Archived