Ceramic based films

I don't have the demand here, but I had one customer ask me about using a ceramic based film a couple of days ago. Does anyone have data on the effect on the antenna and navigation systems?

If it is cool to use with these factors, can someone sell me enough to do one car?

Metint ought to answer this one. But yes, ceramics won't interefere with antenna/navigation issues. If you want just enough for one car, be prepared to figure out how to work with it. If it' s huper you want, it takes some practice using it, to prevent it from ghosting. Shrinking is no problem, but shrinking without it ghosting can be a bit of a learning experience.

I have dealt with ghosting, if we are referring to the same thing... Just air gaps that aren't removed with water behind them is my description of them. I would like to e-mail this guy back, 'cause he got my e-mail address from TD's awesome site here. If you could help me out with the film, I would appreciate it.

Ghosting is not air gaps behind the film. Ghosting is heating the film up the wrong way, or two hot or not hot enough and having it look fine at one angle, but when looking at it another way, it now has shiny areas in the film itself, like a ghost. Even heating the side windows can do this, if it's not shrunk right. The stuff is not easy to work with, I would not recommend you do this for one car.

Ah, I've always considered ghosting where I would remove a finger at the bottom of a roll-down for instance, and you could still see the outline of the finger at certain angles. I have this happen when there is not enough slip-solution under the film in the location where the finger was removed.

With your advise, I will probably pass on this job. I certainly don't have the demand for that film here, and am not interested in learning how to work with another manufacturer's product. Thanks for your input.