Adhesive that comes off with film!!

More and more films are claiming easy film removal during a redo..But is that a good thing?Glue comes off with film..So was it even on sticking to the glass in the first place or just clinging.. :thumb Not bashing just asking cause when

I use my film and need to remove it it's usually stuck on after about 1/2 hour!!

(razor time)

Ive noticed that their is a particular brand of fader film I've removed a few times (due to it being !llegal ) ..the stuff comes off like a dream..literally pull it off and drive away ..no solvents or blades needed at all..only thing is I don't know how long the film was on prior so I can't say much as far as longevity :thumb

Guest tintgod

if you want my opinion on this...I dont like it..jst another gimmick I think

think about it...why would you want a film to come off easier...wont it have a tendency to peal around the edges easier?....and ...why promote easy redoes..unless you are expecting it to go bad faster ?

soltek films are like that, comes off like a dream!

its rubbery and it takes a long time to shrink a standard film. upon installation, its sticks to the glass

quickly and you have to add solution for it to slip around. its got a nice color and all. I used they're

bronze films on my neighbors car, been 2 yrs and it looks great, its lost its color or gotten a bit lighter, but no bubbles, or peeling or anythng like that. :gasp

Guest tint source

I also used the soltek film its comes off like a dream so you can replace it with good film. j/k it does come off with out leaving any glue, it is just alot thicker so it is harder to shrink. just guessing it is 3 times thicker than johnson. but all in all the glue hasnt failed yet.

There is one probelm with the glue. On jonhson film you can heat up a small crease and push it flat, but with soltek the glue just smears and never dries clear. also the glue is like a magnet for dirt, if you get a contaminate on the flim it wont come off like johnson you can shoot a little water and it comes off.

Archived