Sample given to customer - data sheet or tint?

Guest metint

I would have them look through an 8 x 10 as though the film were sunglasses (wrapped from one temple to another and looking toward a favorite window while comfortably seated inside).

Gives the most precise example of how the film will truly look without having to install anything. Makes it fun and interactive with a different twist from the norm.

Large jobs... I'd install sample(s) to an entire pane... not just an 8 x 10... all the remaining light streaming by the 8 x 10 gives it an appearance of being darker than what it is. :eyebrows

Guest tintamerica
I gave someone an est. two years ago... they called last week and are ready to go.  :lol

They still aren't sure on what film to use... They like their neighbors, which is very light, but they want something to reduce glare - but are afraid the next tint darker will be too dark.

So I'm going to go out and hang a piece on one window for them...

I did that last week for another customer... err.. hope-to-be customer.  I bring my portfolio, which I have a picture of a bay window with the center panel *not* tinted, so they have an idea of what tinted windows look like... and I use the sample data sheets from the film co, but sometimes people still aren't sure.

The shop I used to work for almost never hung a test piece, mainly because their sales person did just that - sell. Never tinted before.

One time I did a house and after I was done they were like "Oh, I didn't think it would look like that" and were not happy.

Now that I'm on my own, I would really, really h@te for that to happen, so I make sure I have what I need in case the potential customer wants to see what it actually will look like installed.

We usually give the manufacturers samples which are about 8 1/2 x 11".  For most people, that works.  But once in a while we do put up a sample on the window.  Especially if it's a big job, it's usually worth it.  Just try to use some scrap so it doesn't get to costly.

Does anyone else do this??  I'm just a small outfit... so it's not a big deal to me - although I h@te to drive so that aspect of it I don't care for.... but I'm not exactly jam packed with jobs every hour of the week that I can't spend another 15 min to hang a window for someone... especially if it lands the job.  :lol

RoAcH

[*]379745

Guest dumplin

I just received a new flat glass installation job on a small biz , I went out with a Llumar sample book . They weren't sure so I ordered up some free sample squares from my old friend Gila Dist. in Ga. , the customer placed the samples around where they wanted them and all was good !

Archived