LS 460

the art of tint

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest keepitcool

WHY DOES THAT HAPPEN? I DIDNT DO ANYTHING . I PULLED IT IN TRIED TO ROLL THEM DOWN AND NOTHING HAPPENED. THE DEALER SAID HE PULLED THE PANELS THEN ROLLED THE WINDOWS BACK UP. BUT WHEN I GOT THE CAR THEY WOULDNT DO ANYTHING. ANY IDEAS. THE BACK DOORS WORK THOUGH, JUST NOT FROM THE DRIVER SWITCH.

Guest outkast tinter

It was an anti-fogging coating that the tint adhesive had some "difficulty" adhering to. A lot of these would prematurely peel if not installed thoroughly. :rollin

Hey art you siad they didnt put a coating on the inside of the window> what where you talking about. :rollin

Do you remember the old body LS 430, and some other Lexus's, they put a permenent rain x type stuff on the inside of the glass. I could allways tell because the little (Lexus alarm sticker) would just peel right off with your fingernail. The tint would stick, but if the bottom was not under the gasket far, the tint would just peel off very easily. The RX 300, LS 430, the SC430 coupe, and the GX had this on the glass.

It may be necessary to break off the top index pin to fit properly on a remount. In order to keep the cables intact in their anchors, I've found the if the top yellow index prong is broken off, then a sweet index and fit is achieved. I know it sounds silly, but trying to fit it with this pin index is hard as hell. You have to try to do this yourself to see what I'm talking about, but trust me. :rollin

Dont break those pins off!!!

When the door panel is off the car remove the black gasket from the door panel. There are four metal 'clips' take a Hook tool or screw driver and insert it in the provided little 'release' spot and POP off all four. they pop off nice with a slight amount of tension on them

Tint the window

Then put the gasket on the door (not the door panel) and the the door panel will go back on without a problem

Its a $1000 to buy that door panel and if a customers sees that you broke those tabs it could cost you some dough. I know the Lexus dealer out here has seen some broke off pins on the ground and they made it very clear that breakin those is unacceptable

Guest TintWhips
This is another one I did today. Gold with a tan interior

Really cool car, easy to take panel off 3 screws 1 screw is is located on rear side of door, pop little panel under inside door handle' and last screw is under window controls "wood Panel is very fragile". The rest is norm.. Don't disconnect !! :thumb:spit:lol2:money :money

Archived