Anyone able to tell me how to drop bmw 740 panels?

dezild

my brother just purchased a 2001 Bmw 740 and I looked it over to tint and only saw one screw in the door handle cup are there any more hidden screws or does the rest just held in by clips? I ran into problems tucking film under tight gaskets.

Any tips would be Greatly appreciated :thumb

Guest mhun9180

They are a real biatch to remove. The plastic strip that runs across the door panel comes off and there is two star bolts, then there is one in behind the air bag badge and one in the handle and a couple underneath. You can do as Olfa said or just take out the start bolts, pop the top of the door trim back and remove the gasket. You probably should take it to a BMW dealer and ask them to show you :thumb

Guest mhun9180
no need to pull da panels on those, just pull the rubbers out :thumb once you pull one panel, you'll see how the rubbers come out, :thumb easy peasy :thumb

Is there a freakin echo in here?

HELLO...........HELLO.............HELLO....... :thumb

Guest Litespeeds

You do not have to remove the entire door panel. All you need to do for the front door is to remove 1 screw inside the vent area and then with the window rolled down, pull back on the top section of the door panel and then use a hook tool to remove the door trim and clips. Put the clips back on and tint the glass. With the window down, carefully put the trim back into place and that is it. All BMW door panels are built like that.

I think I have it on one of the Tip of the Weeks a long time ago. If I find it, I will post the link. Good luck.

http://www.tintdude.com/totw54.html

Archived