Any tips on semi circular windows ?

try to have a factory edge for the bottom (if your talking about half circle windows)

cut the film as close as you can height wise without being to short. set your window and start from the center of the arch and take it to one corner, repeat on other side. your gonna want to have the least amount of overhang possible so cut off your "bunny ears" as it will help you out alot.

Guest mhun9180

Rough cut the shape first and then when you put it up have the frame dry and only wet the film. Use releif cut around the arch to help the film sit into the frame. Good luck :lol2

Hey

I just did one last week. my advice

1- ask the owner if he has any cardboard template of the window. sometimes these windows are not really semi-circle. carefull!!!!

if there is no template be prepared to create one unless it is a really semi-circle.

if semi-circle check for the diameter and cut your film down with the liner one then install

Guest windoworx

I have a china pencil (grease) with a string taped to it. If the arch is say 58 x 30, roll off a piece of 60" to 31". Lay it on the floor on a tarp. Find the center of the bottom edge.

Draw a 30" arc with the china marker. Cut the excess off and reverse roll sideways.

Prep window and roll it out halfway then yank the rest of the liner off.

I will admit that having a third hand would be quite useful, but using you head works too.

If you can line up the bottom edge, that helps.

When squeegeeing, be careful to only stroke horizontal and vertical. Angular strokes tend to crease the film. I use to use a flexible card to run along the edge when trimming. I now free hand with better success. Use all or some of this and find what works for you. Sometimes it takes 2 tries.

Windoworx

PS. charge double the regular price. They are a pain.

Overthinking it guys...Just cut the film as you would normally L x W. Cut off each upper corner and have the factory edge on the bottom. Wet the window real good. reverse roll sideways...slip into place and trim...I did 4 of these today 74" x 32" about 10 feet off the ground.

Overthinking it guys...Just cut the film as you would normally L x W. Cut off each upper corner and have the factory edge on the bottom. Wet the window real good. reverse roll sideways...slip into place and trim...I did 4 of these today 74" x 32" about 10 feet off the ground.

:gasp

Archived