Easy way to pump up sprayers

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintMiester

I've had one of those in my 3 gallon pump up sprayer for the last 6 years.. I only blew up one sprayer! haha.. Be careful when airing it up when its full of water, because it will split the bottle.. I use the hand pump until it is 1/4 down before using the compressor.

Its very nice.

The reason to still use the pump sprayer, instead of the pepsi container, is so that if you have no pressure source, then you can still make pressure.

Have never blown one up, but the old one's had a pressure relief valve that let off at about 39 lbs., got tired of pumping them up, so came up with this. We have used them this way for 5 or 6 years and have yet to have a problem?

Guest thetintshop

I quit using them because after a while they start putting out little tiny pieces of plastic where the plate rubs the inside of the cylinder. they come out with the water causing little contamintion crap all in the film, and you can't see them until the tint dries.

so I switched to the cornelius tank and problem solved. built mine for a few bucks more than one of those black sprayers cost. and I was buying a new pump assembly every six months. funk that.

A plastic tank would be easier to blow up with too much pressure than a metal one would, but it sure would be a whole lot safer... :rollin

Either way, the situation calls for caution.

I used to work at a place where guys would do that with an atifreeze jug for a prank. Just put a tire valve in, connect a tire inflator, put jug nearby someone not expecting it, then turn on valve at the other end of the hose...BOOM!

It's pretty mean and sounds like a shotgun or 2 going of at the same time.

Archived