2008 vw golf 3 door

Guest tintec

I leave it long on the bottom and strech and pull and cuss like a mutha fvcker.

I swear to god thats about the smallest hardest Back Glass I have done :beer

:beer:lol2 :lol2 :lol2:lol :lol :lol :lol :thumb :thumb :thumb

Guest tintec
:eyebrows right finally did my first one of these today a 2006 3door,banged it out first go on the back glass,although it was a little time consuming heating out the side fingers when I was done,I got a little glue streaking but I can live with them,I have to be honest though it was my hardest back glass to date,just glad I have it over me :thumb

Guest tint325i

side fingers???? shouldnt be any if you got it shrunk right, I cant rememember ever getting them and I have done loads, struggled a bit at first, like nick says leave it long on the bottom and anchor about 2/3 way down screen, I soap shrink them then when I only got both bottom corners left to finish I lift bottom corners spray a little water under and lift and pull, pushing in an extra finger or 2 doesnt do any harm either, once you sus your technique you'll do them as quick and easy as anything else, just totally different technique to any other car

Guest Sunlimited

Did one today myself, I thought about what I read and keeping the anchor low is the key, and again, when you think you have it shrunk push an extra finger, it was the quickest new gti to date for me, thanx to everyone who posts tips... :thumb

Guest Sunlimited

Careful if you ever have to do a removal. Co worker did a removal, used the same scrub pad we use on every vehicle. The glass is so soft that now its a completely scratched mess. Fine scratches all over the glass, never seen anything like it. It really looks like someone took 60 grit to the glass.Just a heads up...

Guest naughtydog
Careful if you ever have to do a removal. Co worker did a removal, used the same scrub pad we use on every vehicle. The glass is so soft that now its a completely scratched mess. Fine scratches all over the glass, never seen anything like it. It really looks like someone took 60 grit to the glass.Just a heads up...

geez...what do you use?

I use one that is glass safe.

Archived