Double Cutters

Guest CloudWalker

Guest CloudWalker

any of you that cut two doors at once have you ever shrunk both doors at the same time? I cut both doors then when they need shrink I take one over to the drivers door and then shrink them individually. I was thinking it would be a real time saver to shrink them both at the same time. Anyone tried this?

Guest CloudWalker

I'm sure it would crease up but on those cars that you could do without shrinking at all but it really helps alot to shrink em. I would like to try it sometime.

Guest Zrok

it is possible to shrink both at the same time, on like a camaro, or cavalier, but nothing much more curvy than that......I woldn't do like a catera or nothing.....it does work, I only do it when I'm in a biiig ass hurry...when I do it seems as if the very very bottom like 1/8" seems to bind up a little, but no biggie, heat gun after stickin' it seems to do the trick. try it out sometime...just make sure that after you double cut, remove patterns, and put them back on the glass about a 1/4" above bottom rubber so you have room instead of burning the bottom. have fun and good luck :rollin

Guest Sprinter

I do like madg one on each window, you ever notice on some windows that one side needs a ton more shrinking than the other side, and not just fords. plus whats it saving you one minute total time if that!

Guest SQUEEGEE

On cars and trucks that I use double cut on I shrink them both at the same time. Just be sure that the top layer of tint has the liner side up.

There is not usually a big enough difference between windows that over/undershinking doesn't seem to be a problem.

I'm not that big a fan of double cutting because I cut most patterns oversize to cover more glass. It's a pain in the ass to try to slide two pieces of tint at the same time.

Guest CloudWalker

very interesting. Squeeg you said be sure the liner is facing you when shrinking both at once. MT you said you shrink with the liner facing in. What does it matter?

Archived