Llumar bypassing the dealerships?

Guest thatsnappyguy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Advanced Solar

It can happen and does happen now. SE Toyota and GS Toyota tints cars from the ports as they roll off and then deliver them to their dealerships - tinted. That's why you see 50% stickers on the glass. The 50% stickers are legal in Louisiana and also in TX. So all you non-believers it's time to believe. :lol

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I don't see how they can do it. Like customtinting said, its a warranty nightmare. I don't see Ll holding up for the warranty period. Plus every dealer would need a installer to do the warranty replacements. Tint isn't dealer installed, its just a mark up like a pinstripe. How did Ll sell out? I don't know much about the company other than they have somewhat respectable tint.

3 year or 36,000 mile tint warranty? This will never happen. Fortunately

you mean unfortuneately. imagine the growth of a profit margin when you are removing tint on every car and retinting. or a world of getting paid for warranty work instead of film. repairing or replacements for as much $ as a full tint job. I'm in.

Guest tintgod
It can happen and does happen now. SE Toyota and GS Toyota tints cars from the ports as they roll off and then deliver them to their dealerships - tinted. That's why you see 50% stickers on the glass. The 50% stickers are legal in Louisiana and also in TX. So all you non-believers it's time to believe. :lol

yeah...they have that here in florida too..but it is digidiksinthedirt that is doing it..and from what I have seen of their film..not a good choice to buy a car with it on already.

Guest CleanCutter

he's right, a good majority of Toyota's in the south have port installed "digi-tint" on them. The patterns are awful and every time a dealership calls to have a window redone because of a scratch or whatever (before the customer will agree to take their brand new car), we throw the dealership under the bus and put a state-legal film that looks NOTHING like what the port put on. They typically come with 50 and we'll put on 35. All the doors will have a 3/8" gap, we'll shave the one door we just did, just to be an ass. Probably 90% or more of the time, the car is back within 24 hours for a total redo and the dealership gets billed full R&R retail.

Manufacturers and Dealers want to throw us under the bus, we gladly return the favor.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I have been noticing alot of toyota trucks coming in for r/r's and digittint stickers just above the factory etched logo. so is that what you guys are talking about being port tint jobs? these trucks are coming from a dealership that has a tinter but the tundras always have a digittint sticker on it while the other cars have a dealer sticker. and the digi stickers is always right on top the etched logo like I said, not like the other cars where he usually puts them elsewhere.. I will give him a call tom and see if the new trucks are already loaded with tint b4 they reach the lot. this will prove everything.

Guest Marco

you mean unfortuneately. imagine the growth of a profit margin when you are removing tint on every car and retinting. or a world of getting paid for warranty work instead of film. repairing or replacements for as much $ as a full tint job. I'm in.

Why would anyone want to spend the day doing r&r for dealer pay :gasp How about refusing to remove another companies product :lol Let them strip it :hmmm

Why would anyone want to spend the day doing r&r for dealer pay :lol How about refusing to remove another companies product :gasp Let them strip it :lol

good call. :hmmm

My question is: Seing how Llumar has begun operating(ie.direct filming to cars off the boat, excessive pricing and increases), how many of you Llumar dealers and users of their products are going to stop using them and switch to another brand??? Discussing and complaining here helps spread the word, but lets follow the smart path and stop using them. This will force them to look at their business practice. Llumar has been the financial anchor for CP and fed the rest of the company with funds to survive. If they begin to lose dealers, thereby lowering their profits, they may take a closer look at how they operate. I know posting here is an easy way to vent, but, until we stop buying from them, they have no reason to control pricing and business practices. :gasp

Also, I stopped using them around the last price increase, when it was known that another increase was soon to follow.

Archived