Llumar bypassing the dealerships?

Guest thatsnappyguy

Guest Thetintcenter
My question is: Seing how Llumar has begun operating(ie.direct filming to cars off the boat, excessive pricing and increases), how many of you Llumar dealers and users of their products are going to stop using them and switch to another brand??? Discussing and complaining here helps spread the word, but lets follow the smart path and stop using them. This will force them to look at their business practice. Llumar has been the financial anchor for CP and fed the rest of the company with funds to survive. If they begin to lose dealers, thereby lowering their profits, they may take a closer look at how they operate. I know posting here is an easy way to vent, but, until we stop buying from them, they have no reason to control pricing and business practices. :hmmm

Also, I stopped using them around the last price increase, when it was known that another increase was soon to follow.

Maybe enough people have dropped them and this is what they are doing to make up for the loss. As far as Digi, I don't think they sell to tint shops, they only sell to dealers. I believe it's our job if we want dealer work to go and get it from digi. But from what I've read on most posts is "who needs dealer work, low prices and hard to get paid from them". I read how people in threads just bad mouth digi and LL and Madcow about doing dealer work when most don't even want it.

I understand a distributor doing this can p1ss off people and is just bad business practice, but digi isn't a distributor to our tint shops only to dealers. I've used there system when I worked at a dealership a couple of years ago and their patterns aren't as bad as some say they are. There actually right on. If there was a problem it usually was fixed right away. This is just my :gasp

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question is: Seing how Llumar has begun operating(ie.direct filming to cars off the boat, excessive pricing and increases), how many of you Llumar dealers and users of their products are going to stop using them and switch to another brand??? Discussing and complaining here helps spread the word, but lets follow the smart path and stop using them. This will force them to look at their business practice. Llumar has been the financial anchor for CP and fed the rest of the company with funds to survive. If they begin to lose dealers, thereby lowering their profits, they may take a closer look at how they operate. I know posting here is an easy way to vent, but, until we stop buying from them, they have no reason to control pricing and business practices. :hmmm

Also, I stopped using them around the last price increase, when it was known that another increase was soon to follow.

Maybe enough people have dropped them and this is what they are doing to make up for the loss. As far as Digi, I don't think they sell to tint shops, they only sell to dealers. I believe it's our job if we want dealer work to go and get it from digi. But from what I've read on most posts is "who needs dealer work, low prices and hard to get paid from them". I read how people in threads just bad mouth digi and LL and Madcow about doing dealer work when most don't even want it.

I understand a distributor doing this can p1ss off people and is just bad business practice, but digi isn't a distributor to our tint shops only to dealers. I've used there system when I worked at a dealership a couple of years ago and their patterns aren't as bad as some say they are. There actually right on. If there was a problem it usually was fixed right away. This is just my :gasp

Good to hear your point of view, having used Digi. And I agree, many of the posts taht bad mouth direct to dealer programs come from some of the same posters who say they wont do or go after dealer work. Great observation.

Guest thatsnappyguy

hey I would personally sell out and go back to the dealer and be a tinter for them. 401k, health. top pay..why not. yet another film company could just teach a porter to do my job and I would get the boot.

Archived