2000 Impala LS

Guest shift2xlr8

Guest shift2xlr8

hey whats up guys/chicks...im new and have no tinting past what so ever, so be gentle JK. my mom just got a 2000 impala LS and wants to do the mirror tint so we can prevent the car from heating up in side and cracking the leather seats eventually. we do plan on using leather treatment and oils and what not. but she also just wants to have the tint on there also. if this is going to look really stupid what % tint would anyone of u suggest we could do that is of the regular type tint?

chris

no mirror tint. up in the top right corner of this site you will find the tinter's registry. find someone in your area and they'll be happy to take care of your mom's new impala :lol6

as far as what percent, stay legal.

:wndo Mirror tint looks bad, and mostly likely is illegal in your state. Stay legal on the darkness. There's not that much difference in heat block between the different automotive films. A good metallized film will be fine for you! :thumb

And yeah, that avatar needs to go. It's taken and it confused me!

Try to get 50% mirror tint if they make it... Get it on all the windows except the front windsheild...

IT will LOOK OKAY...

and you wont have trouble with the law( ica'nt gareetee you that Okay)...

And Before you go to the tint shop get your car wash. and DONt BE a :asshat customer cuz its going to mess up al ot of things in the long run for you...

when you get your tint done dont rool your windows down for 2 weeks, dont clean your glass for 2weeks (neva with ammonia.) AND DONT LET YOUR LIL kids EVa in the Car without a strict adult supervision

Guest thetintshop

no mirror tint, IN ANY SHADE. all film, even the crap stuff, blocks the UV rays that damage the leather. but don't go with the dyed films, they don't last. go with a good full metal, or a good high performance film, and you'll be fine. they both do a good job of blocking the heat.

keep it legal, and don't go to the cheapest guy you call. he's the cheapest for a reason.

Just looked and saw that you are in Washington, me too.....Mirrored tint is illegal here. 32% is the darkest you can go! And the troopers here in Washington definitely do enforce this law...!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Atleast over here in Spokane)

Guest shift2xlr8

1) getting rid of avatar

2) I have cousins that live in Newman Lake - (Blade)

3) in WA what is a % thats not too dark but not too light that my mom can still see out of at night?

chris

Nice...I live in Liberty Lake...Only a few miles from Newman. The darkest I have that has been tested and passed is a 28%. But that film will not pass for all vehicles. If the factory glazing is darker than 85% it will not pass. Best bet is to go with a 32%. She'll still be able to see out fine :rollin

Archived