p reg e36 touring

kw3lauren

I noticed also that some cars like range rover etc have lines going through the back side windows I assume they are for satnav etc .I am facincted to know how you pros get the film to fit around all these lines clean and neatly do you use the heat gun at all and if so can this damage these lines

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadowline
hi I have one to do on monday, I only just saw curve, near the bottom ,all the way across is this a dreaded one, and do you have any tips.thanks

So how did it go then mate?

Guest shadowline
thanks ,nice one .will tell you how I get on , if I bugger it up will definatly have to put l plates back on me.

Still no reply..................................did you bugger it up then :dunno

Guest tint325i

lines in rear 1/4s are either de-mister or fm aerial depending on car, sat nav aerials can be anywhere, range rover is inside rear spolier, bmw e46 is under rear deck, new bmws its on the roof (shark fin) etc

Guest naughtydog
thanks ,nice one .will tell you how I get on , if I bugger it up will definatly have to put l plates back on me.

Still no reply..................................did you bugger it up then :thumb

who cares?

I had no problem with back screen, or the lines on the very back side windows.the major problems I had was tucking the film in on the side seals of back doors ,and the rubber surrounding the small back door windows.this is the first ever bmw, I have done and the hardest car I have done.no matter what I tried I could not get film to tuck neatly in.in the end I had to take out back door windows and tint the glass to the edges.it was either that or give up.I tried to cut film with template but had very minor light gaps (to me looked crap).it looked ok in the end but made me very peed off with frustration.

Guest naughtydog
I had no problem with back screen, or the lines on the very back side windows.the major problems I had was tucking the film in on the side seals of back doors ,and the rubber surrounding the small back door windows.this is the first ever bmw, I have done and the hardest car I have done.no matter what I tried I could not get film to tuck neatly in.in the end I had to take out back door windows and tint the glass to the edges.it was either that or give up.I tried to cut film with template but had very minor light gaps (to me looked crap).it looked ok in the end but made me very peed off with frustration.

Welcome to the real world. BMW's are not easy.

Welcome to the real world. BMW's are not easy.

I now know that ,this car knocked my confidence a little bit,I feel like im back to the beginning again.things are best learnt the hard way some times.

Archived