texas tint laws for inspection vs. state tint law

Guest clint4883

Hmmmm why, who the hell knows. But they are. Same but different. I believe, if I have interpreted correctly... The net on all sides can be no lower than 25%, however, you will pass state inspection as long as it is no lower than 20% therefor giving you some variance since no auto makers glass is the same.

A dodge trucks clear glass meter at about 81% but a Ford meters at about 73%. So if you add the film, it brings it down to in between 28% and 21%. (This is just an example I am not sure of the numbers)

Guest willie
Hmmmm why, who the hell knows. But they are. Same but different. I believe, if I have interpreted correctly... The net on all sides can be no lower than 25%, however, you will pass state inspection as long as it is no lower than 20% therefor giving you some variance since no auto makers glass is the same.

Correct TTC, except I read it to be 25% on all 4 door of cars but truck back glasses if they are a four door or ex cab are ANY. And must have a legal sticker for the law but not to pass inspection :thumb

Guest clint4883

Correct TTC, except I read it to be 25% on all 4 door of cars but truck back glasses if they are a four door or ex cab are ANY. And must have a legal sticker for the law but not to pass inspection :confuse

right. the 25% on all four doors of a car is state law but to pass inspection it just states that the 2 front doors have to be lighter than 20%. Man these folks have some twisted stuff.

Guest willie

Correct TTC, except I read it to be 25% on all 4 door of cars but truck back glasses if they are a four door or ex cab are ANY. And must have a legal sticker for the law but not to pass inspection :twocents

right. the 25% on all four doors of a car is state law but to pass inspection it just states that the 2 front doors have to be lighter than 20%. Man these folks have some twisted stuff.

Crazy indeed. Go to the tx dmv website and it give you picture illistrations of the inspection process :confuse

Archived