Help needed guys

Hi guys, first one of these to do today and I have looked throuhg the forum and everyone is saying remove the rear deck.

Can anyone explain to me how exactly you do this as I dont want to be wasting a load of time and breaking a load of bits doing it. :cool

Picture of actual car attached.

Thanks, JP

3272_80156881085_573151085_2299103_.jpg

I don't remove the deck, we slide film in behind and use a "whale tail".....

Actually it's a yellow fin! Works great on almost all the 300s. But every now and then one of the 300s is too tight behind the brake light to use even a red devil.

Guest Mo Evo

I can never slide the tint behind those, their ALWAYS too tight. Either remove the deck or cut around...I've done both.

10mm bolt at bottom of two side bolsters. Put panel puller through black metal thing on top and slide behind & in a coming down motion to squeeze a clip to release bolster. The deck then slides out and place behind you between front seat and rear thats folded down.

Guest scottydosnntkno
10mm bolt at bottom of two side bolsters. Put panel puller through black metal thing on top and slide behind & in a coming down motion to squeeze a clip to release bolster. The deck then slides out and place behind you between front seat and rear thats folded down.

:ppdance fold down the seats and you'll see the bolts ~5" up from the bottom, take em out. There might be two plastic clips on facing the front of the car, some have them some don't. Then use some sort of strong flat tool, like a spackle knife to push down behind the top of the side bolsters. It's tricky the first time, and takes a lot more force than you would expect. You can pull it back at the top to see whats going on if you would like. Throw those in the trunk once you get them off, and then the whole back deck will just slide forward once you untuck the sides from the C-pillars. Put it kind of in front of the folded down rear seats where your feet would go with the center seat belt still going through it. Then the light has a two more bolts on it and it will slide off. Don't remember off the top of my head what size those are. To reassemble everything just pops back in.

There's a great thread about this (complete with pics by Tint Wizard) in the Chrysler subsection. I'm too lazy to look for you but it's there, helped me out last week with one where the brake light was too tight to the glass. Go look for it.

Guest scottydosnntkno
There's a great thread about this (complete with pics by Tint Wizard) in the Chrysler subsection. I'm too lazy to look for you but it's there, helped me out last week with one where the brake light was too tight to the glass. Go look for it.

they seem to vary a lot. some of them will have miles of room and some will have none.

Archived